Transmission update with high mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ant_les

Reaction score
Has anyone done the transmission update that solves the California stop issue on a rover with high miles? I am sitting at 180k and just picked up an iidtool. My transmission has been fine but I have had the the California clunk since I got it. The guys over at Gap diagnostics have the warning that clearing the adaptation always has a chance of causing problems. I'm just wondering if that is something they say to play it safe.

Chris Moffitt

Reaction score
Since you have your IID tool, try this first. Park on as level a surface as you can. Ensure that your tires are all inflated to spec. Perform a ride height calibration. Perform a steering angle sensor calibration. Perform a longitudinal accelerometer calibration. I had the same issue as many with the transmission and spent a lot of time researching. I don’t believe the issue is with the transmission at all. In actuality the longitudinal accelerometer is over-reporting g-force. Therefore the transmission is not able to correlate speed input with g-force and ends up down shifting at the wrong points as well as that delayed acceleration and bump when rolling on a stop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99