Trip Computer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

Navster83

Hi all,

I sincerely apologize if this is a re-post. Is it true that future 2006 LR3's will have trip computers installed standard? (placed in the nav. fixture on dash) and if so, when can we expect that feature? I was reading the MPG threads and I will want to check the milage I am going to get out of my new V6 '06 LR3 manually. The dealer stated that I should get 220-240 Miles out of a full tank in the '06 and also said 89 grade fuel was fine. Although I will prob fill it up with 93 (premium) for the first few months, does that sound accurate? Thanks for any help.

N

Navster83

Sorry, I just noticed the trip computer post below mine on the same page... someone had stated post-december, but I am getting my LR3 soon and I am assuming it was built a month(s) ago and It is not coming with a trip computer, as far as I know. So I am guessing a few months into the year, maybe march?

N

Navster83

sorry, I meant Tire pressure monitor post that I saw below mine... but I am assuming the TPM will be integrated into the future trip computer... I am running on 4 hours of sleep....

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, TPMS is coming -- not sure if on every model... if you are getting it before the end of next month, it probably won't have it: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2995

It'll just warn you in your instrument cluster LCD. "Tire pressure low", etc. And there should be a new "button" light on the left of the center button cluster (next to DSC, I think).

The V8 recommends 91 octane; I don't think it's necessary on V6. Check the owner's guide/fuel door for octane... or see which one gets you better mileage. Putting in octane beyond the recommendation is generally pointless.

N

Navster83

Grommet,
thanks for the quick reply, I will take this into account.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if I didn't make it clear, there is no such thing as a new "trip computer" -- LR3 has information right in the instrument cluster.

A

Amir

and most likely those builds with TPMS will have the new Zermatt Silver exterior color instead of Zambezi, right grommet?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo