Uh oh....MOUSE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My insurance on my RR covered over 3k in mouse damage but still had to sell. The SOB died in there somewhere. The smell could never be cleaned

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mission Accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He set off the trap, but it's the glue paper that got him. Would have preferred it the other way around, but either way he hopefully didn't do damage the couple days that he was in there.

photo-vi.jpg

Now I just hope it was only one...

Regarding putting the trap in or out. In this case, yes, I'm glad I put it inside! I'm not sure if he climbed in a hole somewhere, or, more likely the day prior I had put my truck in the garage with all windows and rear hatch open to air it out. So, I'm hoping he climbed in and got trapped, as opposed to some mouse highway through my firewall...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen over my many years in the business where some home owners and car policies will in fact pick up repairs, but very few depending on the quality of the coverage.

RumRunnr

Reaction score
Glad you caught the mouse! This happened to my girlfriend's brand new VW Tiguan 2.0T 4motion. :mad:

She lives near a forest preserve and the little guy was sneaking in and eating the hood (bonnet in LR speak) insulation and chewing on the wiring in the engine bay.

She ended up turning in an insurance claim to get the wiring replaced.

I zip-tied a glue trap in the engine bay but we never caught him.

We haven't replaced the hood insulation because we afraid to attract more of his friends.

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had that happen during the National Rally in Leadville in 2009. Mouse made it all the way to So Cal before I could outsmart it. It found a cozy spot under the left rear seat and in the 3 row seat area.

th_GreatDivideIV317.jpg

th_GreatDivideIV330.jpg

Last edited:

coolpilgrim

Reaction score
Cedar moth balls

I am trying cedar moth balls after finding the second mouse nest in two years. They love my engine and blower cage, have no evidence of them inside the truck. The cedar moth balls have a less offensive smell to humans but manage to really offend mice, which is fantastic. Sprinkle the balls where necessary.

mhb907

Reaction score
I have had good luck keeping rodents out of my vehicles by using an electronic rat trap called RAT ZAPPER. I have four of these units in my garage and occasionally I get a “****”.

The RAT ZAPPER uses four size D batteries. I put a bottle cap filled with peanut butter in the back of the trap and turn it on. When a rodent goes in the trap it walks across two metal plates. That triggers a high voltage circuit and the critter is electrocuted. It is a lot easier to deal with than a conventional mechanical trap.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck keeping rodents out of my vehicles by using an electronic rat trap called RAT ZAPPER. I have four of these units in my garage and occasionally I get a “****”.

The RAT ZAPPER uses four size D batteries. I put a bottle cap filled with peanut butter in the back of the trap and turn it on. When a rodent goes in the trap it walks across two metal plates. That triggers a high voltage circuit and the critter is electrocuted. It is a lot easier to deal with than a conventional mechanical trap.
Never heard of it. Going to get one for my basement. I've had evidence of a couple mice down there, but have never seen them. This seems like a real "set it and forget it" type of device...

EDIT - ended up getting the Victor M2524 Electronic Mouse Trap as its smaller, cheaper, and seems less likely for our dog or toddler to get into it and shock themselves. Plus, I got two for the same price w/ free shipping on Amazon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112