Uneven ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well roverman, there is a difference between "noticeable" and "measurable." If I could really tell I'd probably be upset...but if it were so subtle that I had to bring out the ol' tape, I might just turn a blind eye.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True enough, but an inch is huge easily noticeable to the ***** eye.

drstan

Reaction score
HOUM_WA, In respone to your earlier post -- I can really tell there is a tilt which is why I brought out the ol' tape to confirm it. The lean is "noticable" as when I am driving I end up sliding up against the seat bolster on my right. After a while you notice this as you are correcting your seating position. .

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough....anything that bugs you should be fixed, indeed. I'm sure I've had my share of quirky little things that only bother me, that I've had fixed! Good luck.

drstan

Reaction score
update after the dealer visit

I had the LR3 in for its 37,500 mile service and discussed the uneven ride height with the service advisor. They checked the system and did a recalibration of the suspension and now the right height is exactly the same on both sides. No more leaning to the right while driving. My dealer is Land Rover Minneapolis and they seem very good. I have had various items fixed that I think other dealers would balk at or not take seriously.

TRD4ME

Reaction score
Whoever mentioned that one inch is within spec... Completely not true. When performing a calibration procedure with a factory testbook, the procedure will not even complete untill all measurements are within three millimeters of the specified height. Take it back to the dealership. Contact Land Rover if nessesary. PS, inside vehicle weight distribution is irrelevant, the system is dynamic and adjusts to the sprung weight of the vehicle.

oyeahhhhhh

Reaction score
hi all.
i have an 05 lr3 hse. i too also had "a tilt" of about 1" difference. when i first brought it up to my service advisor in '05 they recalibrated the system and it helped. but it than came back. it was really noticeable if the vehicle sat in the garage for a couple of days with no driving. when i took it back again and told them to let it sit in shop over the weekend is when they agreed something else was wrong with it. they than tried replacing the air shocks compressor (i think the 05's had a problem with them?) that too seemed to help, but than the tilt came back. they than replaced the front rt. airshock. this helped some, but there was still a tilt. at my last general service, (last week) i brought it up again that it was still tilting some and they said they would look at it again. when i went and picked it up, they said they found a sensor problem with the right front shock. they replaced it, and so far, all is good and level. maybe some of this info will help.

Bremerbuttjer

Reaction score
Gents,
I have the same problem with my 05 LR3 HSE and mentioned it to my Dealer. The variance was actually closer to 2" lower on the passenger side. I was told that all that
had to be done was to download an upgrade for the Automatic Leveling Suspension to the vehicle's ECM and they apparently did it which solved the problem. Car is in the shop still so have no idea whether or not that really took care of it.. will update ya'll

phx5o

Reaction score
My 05 lr3 looks the same as well. Tilt's left to right when I look at the rear. Bugs the crap out of me. Dealer didnt find anything wrong with it. Now my eng light came on. Back to the dealer.

Bremerbuttjer

Reaction score
Update - got the car back from the dealer and tilt remains unchanged :( Have another appointment to take it back in and get it checked, getting really frustrated. Like "drstan2008" said..it's really a problem as I too find myself constantly adjusting my seat position after sliding towards the middle console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM