Upgraded CV boots?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mflecklr3

Reaction score
I replaced my RH front half axle less than 2 years ago and the outer boot is already torn. That makes 3 torn boots in about 2 years. I do a handful of offroad trips a year but nothing crazy. Does anyone know if there's a more durable option than the standard OEM and various clones?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubt it but wish the same. my rear inner are both toast and i'm waiting until i can afford to have the rear diff swapped with arb air locker to pull it all apart. i have the seal kit just not the desire to do it yet.

the fronts have never cracked or torn though so i find that odd on yours

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to jinx myself by talking about my boots. I have torn one though....years ago.

@jwest are you replacing the factory locker with an ARB or do you have the open diff?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is basic open. i was too impatient when i bought it in early 2007. there was this java black hse loaded except the diff vs a white SE but with all the same options like 3rd row nav, tpms, heated seats/window, and had 18" wheels and locker.

in hindsight the optioned SE was smarter having the wheels already, the diff, and of course the 5th matching full size.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh well...live and learn, I guess....but when you get the ARB locker in the back that will be kinda fun to be able to lock it when you want. More stuff to play with!! :)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72