"Vehicle Raising Slowly"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trynian: Really? Because it's ALWAYS done this. Seemed normal to me...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my compressor didn't turn back on or anything after it dumped air and pressure. ...and I didn't monitor the pressure long enough to see if it slowly raised, but I bet it does the same as Mack describes.

Trynian

Reaction score
My pressure stays at 257ish in the resevoir after the comp turns off (reading with the faultmate). So by your description it sounded like the resevoir was releasing the air after the comp stopped. Maybe your tool is reading a different sensor other than the resevoir pressure.

If the pressure is staying in the resevoir then I go back to compressor not filling fast enough or possibly the sensor for the resevoir is going bad and not reading correctly after the comp turns off which I assume could also cause the message because the car doesn't know it has enough pressure.

Last edited:

Trynian

Reaction score
Houm,

I found when watching mine that at normal the compressor runs to 257 then stops. The tank pressure then slowly bleeds down a bit. After watching it for 15min it dropped down to 215.

If I hit offroad height, it would of course drop down to 50 then immediately start pumping up to 257.

Now this was the odd one, when I hit normal from offroad, it dumped the air in the tank again down to something like 30-40. Compressor did not turn on. Then it slowly raised back up into the 200's over the course of 10 minutes.

My guess is that the tool/computer is measuring the galley pressure, not the tank pressue. Hence the dump of air when lowering.

Reading mine with the faultmate, my gallery pressure stays at 257 after the comp turns off. Mine has always dumped some air out the exaust when lowering and the comp has usually turned on for a few seconds when after the dump.

Trynian

Reaction score
I stand corrected, went back and monitored mine. It does bleed off but really really slow, probably why I never noticed it. After about 5 minutes I then also got the slight exaust release Houm mentioned dropping the gallery down to to a much lower PSI. Probably never noticed that either since it didn't occure for about 5 minutes after the comp stopped.

I activated the comperessor with my faultmate and as soon as it kicked on the pressure immediately went back up to 250 and the comp went right back off, indicating the pressure is staying in the tank.

I checked the schematics and the only pressure sensor I see is the one on the valve block. So there is probably not one for the resevoir.

So my guess goes back to if mechanical in nature then I would start to suspect the compressor is not filling fast enough for Houm.

You might check with each other to see how long the compressor runs to refill to see if there is a glaring difference.

update: interestingly enough the second time I ran the pressure up to 250, I did not get the exaust release even after about 15 minutes of running time. It did bleed but again really really slowly to about 230 after 15 minutes. So the exaust blast may just be something that happens once in awhile.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe I should just stop measuring it and let the LR3 do whatever the f#$%k it wants. It's not let me down thus far....

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When are you getting the error? When going to offroad mode? or just randomly?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's when I try to go from Access all the way up to Off-road...like by hitting the toggle switch twice in a row. No stop in between. I've mostly done it right after start-up too...so no real time for the compressor to run first.

Hey maybe we should meet up at Sorelli's to do some troubleshooting and testing! :)

Trynian

Reaction score
It's when I try to go from Access all the way up to Off-road...like by hitting the toggle switch twice in a row. No stop in between. I've mostly done it right after start-up too...so no real time for the compressor to run first.

Hey maybe we should meet up at Sorelli's to do some troubleshooting and testing! :)

When you do, my suggestion is start the car in regular height fairly cold so the compressor temp is low. Both drop to access that should kick the compressor on to get the gallery full pressure. Wait a couple minutes for the comp temp to go down again, then both go all the way up to offroad and see if there is much of a time difference in the compressor run time while you monitor the pressure.

The comp will turn off when it's temp hits 130C if you get that hot before it is full regardless of pressure and kick back on when it gets back down to 100c to finish the fill. At least that is why mine has always done since I started monitoring.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it you have the firmware update and updated relay, the pressure would cap at 210.

If you have not done it, you might considering renewing the air dryer. Over time it can become restricted and that would cause the issue, as well as overheating the air compressor. There is also a renewal kit for the compressor which replaces a few springs and rubber valves which wear / weaken over time.

LR020590 KIT - COMPRESSOR o-ring, rubber flap, spring 1 $7.11 *
JPO500010 KIT - COMPRESSOR all the above, plus bolts, large spring, more seals, etc. 1 $25.06*

VUB504700 Dehydrator 1 102.40
YWB500220 electrical, fuse & relay, relay ENGINE COMPARTMENT, 70 amp 1 $12.04 *

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4