verizon / razr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

anyone tried the verizon version with Bluetooth? i would think if it works so well for Cingular and others, it would be fine from Verizon. i am thinking of changing phones and want to get one i feel will work.
Thanks
the dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V3/RAZR Bluetooth will perform the same, even with the Verizon CDMA version.

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
V3/RAZR Bluetooth will perform the same, even with the Verizon CDMA version.

Actually - You may have issues with seeing Caller ID when a call comes in as Verizon blocks OBEX. I spoke to the LandRover Wireless center and they told me there was not much luck with any Verizon phones....

Let me know if caller id comes in on the radio when you get a call. I am curious.

Thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The V3c I played with had OBEX working... including Bluetooth file transfer, which is generally disabled by the fine folks at Verizon. I didn't notice if Caller ID is displayed in the car like it does on GSM V3 or any other normal Bluetooth phone. But I wouldn't expect it not to.

Anyway, if it didn't work... I wouldn't miss it since I don't remember too many phone numbers anymore. (A cradled phone is much more useful, since it can display the actual name of the caller in the vehicle.)

Last edited by a moderator:

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed, you mean the LR3 "PTI" dealer kit version? Less integration than factory, but yes...

D

deanz

I was told by the dealership that it would work just like the factory version, since they were made the same. Can you clarify as to the greater integration w/ the factory version? Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635