Water Leakage from Driving Thru Car Wash-LR3 -05

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olatej1

Reaction score
Original Owner LR3 -05 SE. 46000miles, Noticed water drops after driving through Car wash for past 3yrs. Dealer states rubbers are worn out from Tracks and since replaced twice(warranty). Issue has reoccurred again, not sure if the rubbers are the issue or that dealer just never replaced it. Has anyone experienced this problem? Now the Moon Roof is stuck, switch will not work.

merrion13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this problem, but my sunroof still works. Try posting in the LR3 specific forum and you might get more exposure...hopefully someone there can help you out.

olatej1

Reaction score
Thanks, my sunroof also was working fine until i just tried to use it recently due to good weather. i will post on the tech forum and see. I did some searching on the web and was advised what to do, but not sure since response was model specific but not year “For Leak, it advised to Remove/Replace drain channel/plugs. For Remote not working-> Sunroof water drain plugs up and water gets into passenger side; Expert States there is plastic cover on floor next to passenger seat. You pop that up, u will see tons of wires, all corroded. In that group of wires there is a two wire set that is connected by a splice; what happens is water gets in that splice and the remotes no longer work. You need to remove that splice and re-splice the wire together, that will fix your remotes" No mention of any fuse checks!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635