Water pump replaced, still leaking coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would climb up on the engine, reach back to the rear heater manifold pipe and feel for coolant slime, even though it is new. Ours has been oozing for 6 years now, about a pint every 3 or 4 months, not enough to drip but I can see the orange stain way back along the ******. Bought a new manifold pipe but am waiting for front crossover or water pump failure to make it worth my while.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wait for a front pipe to fail. If the front pipe fails and you don't shut the engine down immediately, you'll have a pretty easy time replacing the rear crossover while you're doing an engine swap.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad pump? I had one fail in less than 3k kms and a month after install....

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would climb up on the engine, reach back to the rear heater manifold pipe and feel for coolant slime, even though it is new. Ours has been oozing for 6 years now, about a pint every 3 or 4 months, not enough to drip but I can see the orange stain way back along the ******. Bought a new manifold pipe but am waiting for front crossover or water pump failure to make it worth my while.
Replaced it in August along with the front crossover. The original leak was from the crossover pipe seals

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I heard that.
My pipe just seems to ooze along its length. It must tbe porous in some way. The seals are fine.

Mozambique

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have a seam along its length; I forget? Either way, if it catastrophically fails, big problem; I would replace sooner rather than later

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV