Water pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchell

Reaction score
how many of you have replaced the water pump on your own? What are the SNAFUs to look out for? I’m looking to just replace the pump and reservoir, all other pipes and joints are good. What’s the diff level on this job?

BBLR3

Reaction score
I've done it. If you are replacing the pump, replace the crossover pipes to. Used this video as a guide:

https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/diy-water-pump-and-crossover-pipe-video.30519/#post-189510

Watch out for the small 90 degree plastic pipe thats installed on the front of the pump. You break it, you get to go buy all the updated pieces from the dealer. I know this through experience LOL. You have to push the small small locking tabs down and hold them down, then it will pull out. Think Chinese finger trap.

When bleeding the system, the bleeder on the top right of the intake is plastic. Do not over tighten or you get to go buy the whole assembly for one plastic bleeder screw. I also know this through experience.

I didnt think it was too difficult, but everyone is different. I have an automotive background from years ago so I'm not afraid to jump into something like this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9