Way to recalibrate rear view mirror auto dipping on reverse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brizzity

Reaction score
Since getting some work done at my shop recently, my auto dipping rear view mirror only dips maybe 50% as much as it used to. I’ve trying turning the feature off and back on to see if that did anything, unsuccessfully.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get it back it to its original range of motion?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per the owner's guide.

"Mirror dip when reversing The door mirrors can be set to dip automatically when reverse gear is selected to provide an improved viewing angle for reversing. When enabled in Vehicle Set-up, select reverse gear to dip the mirrors. While the mirrors are in the dipped position they can be adjusted to your required position using the mirror adjuster in the normal way. The next time reverse gear is selected the mirrors will return to the positions you have selected. When the gear selector is moved out of reverse, or the vehicle speed exceeds 12 km/h (7.5mph) in reverse, the mirrors will return to their normal driving positions. This feature can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Set-up menu.See VEHICLE INFORMATION AND SETTINGS MENU"

Brizzity

Reaction score
As per the owner's guide.

"Mirror dip when reversing The door mirrors can be set to dip automatically when reverse gear is selected to provide an improved viewing angle for reversing. When enabled in Vehicle Set-up, select reverse gear to dip the mirrors. While the mirrors are in the dipped position they can be adjusted to your required position using the mirror adjuster in the normal way. The next time reverse gear is selected the mirrors will return to the positions you have selected. When the gear selector is moved out of reverse, or the vehicle speed exceeds 12 km/h (7.5mph) in reverse, the mirrors will return to their normal driving positions. This feature can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle Set-up menu.See VEHICLE INFORMATION AND SETTINGS MENU"

Thanks for that. Rookie move on my part, I didn't search deep enough to find this solution. Who knew that dipping could be adjusted like that...

Mike Sutton

Reaction score
Wow this helped me too as I was having the same thing. It just happened out of the blue and i was thinking it was the mirror motor or broken angle arm, pleasant surprise:)

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV