Wet Driver floorboard 2011 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfh1987

Reaction score
now that i know about this, im gonna blow out my sunroof drain tube today. 5 minutes of work could prevent a gross mold problem.

140k miles in the northeast makes me feel that it may need it.
Wow! 140k miles! That's awesome. What year and model do you have?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues and I use my sunroof a lot but I do garage the vehicle. Makes a huge difference in many regards.

Every time I wash it, I check while I rinse that water flow freely out of the drains (behind front wheels).

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! 140k miles! That's awesome. What year and model do you have?

2011 HSE
it's new to me at 138k miles. Every button and feature works. Amazing for its age and miles.

Carfax indicates it was serviced at the dealer all the way to 130k miles.

Found a service receipt in the glove box and contacted the old owner. She said it overheated, pulled over and had it towed to the dealer. Dealer said it wasn't fixable and lowballed her $500 for the trade in towards a new car. Well, somehow it was fixed, since I bought it from a private car sales lot in (nearly) perfect running condition.

No coolant loss, no smoking and block test confirmed no exhaust gas in coolant. Seems I lucked out for overheat damage.

I spent about $1k refreshing it...replaced transfer case fluid, diff fluids, trans fluid/filter/pan, both crossover pipes, vacuum pump, spark plugs, pcv, coolant, engine and cabin filters, and drivers front control arm.

Timing chain is surprisingly tight, so no worries there.

My goal is to keep this car for 4 years, about 40k miles. Based on the work I've done, I should be in the clear, except for maybe bushings.

Until today I thought I'd have no major work for years, but then I put on the AC and it doesnt work. Oh well, cant win them all.

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until today I thought I'd have no major work for years, but then I put on the AC and it doesnt work. Oh well, cant win them all.

When I bought my current one the dealer gave me all the time I wanted to check all systems and drive it. I took about 2 hours and detected a few flaws including no cool air in AC mode. They gave it a quick freon charge and it has worked like a champ ever since. Hopefully your fix is similarly straightforward.

rashers

Reaction score
this happened to me, soaking wet floor on the drivers side AND the head unit stopped working. i'd replaced the windscreen about 8 months earlier with one of those ' we come to your house' services. the rubber seal failed

rfh1987

Reaction score
this happened to me, soaking wet floor on the drivers side AND the head unit stopped working. i'd replaced the windscreen about 8 months earlier with one of those ' we come to your house' services. the rubber seal failed
I knew someone who was knowledgeable with Land Rovers, who told me not to use Safelite if I have a heated windscreen.

HarryO

Reaction score
If it’s not your sunroof then I had the same flooded floor boards. I live on the coast so it’s hot & humid - the condensation drain pipes for the aircon were blocked solid (one either side of the centre console).

Undid mine from inside the car and ended up with a further 1/2 litre water added to the already soaked carpet - easy to pull out and unblock / clean.

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also add, if talking about the sunroof. When you wash the car, open up the sunroof and clean the rubber gasket with a microfiber cloth and some WD-40, also do the same with the sunroof opening; a good amount of crap can build up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA