What is ltb00380?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brakes were squealing on my land rover LR4 and I had brackets and pads replaced per LTB00380. Can anybody tell me what that LTB 00380 states? Is that a TSB?

mrtp4

Reaction score
They did LTB00380 on my truck as well. It is a service bulletin covering squealing brakes, particularly when reversing (which was my main problem). It seems to have worked for me.

TECHNICAL BULLETIN
NO: LTB00380 (ISSUE 1)
25 MAY 2011
SECTION: 206
'Squeal' Noise from Rear Brakes when Reversing
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
LR4 (LA) VIN: BA547440 - Onwards
Model Year: 2011 - Onwards
Range Rover Sport (LS) VIN: BA257940 - BA299999
BA700000 - Onwards
Model Year: 2011 - Onwards
CONDITION SUMMARY:
NOTE: Some 2010-2011MY vehicles prior to the start VINs listed above may be found to have iron
calipers (refer to Technical Bulletin LTB00287 for more information and assistance with caliper
identification). If such a vehicle exhibits the brake noise as described in the 'Situation' statement,
then the repair procedure outlined here can be applied as well.
Situation: On Land Rover LR4 and Range Rover Sport (naturally aspirated) vehicles fitted with cast iron
calipers, a brake 'squeal' noise may be evident from the rear brakes while moving in reverse. Typically this
noise is exhibited with light pedal application, slow speed, and when brakes are cold, such as the initial time
reversing out of a driveway or parking space in the morning.
NOTE: Brake linings, brake discs, and any other friction-related components are not covered when
due to wear and tear but are covered for manufacturing, material defects, or the failure of another
warranted part during the lifetime of the warranty. Refer to Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual
for further details.
Action: In the event of a customer concern of the above, refer to the Repair Procedure outlined below to
replace the rear brake caliper carriers and rear brake pads and install abutment springs.
PARTS:
LR019627 ................Rear brake pads Qty: 1
LR032058 ................Rear brake caliper carrier - RH Qty: 1
LT032059.................Rear brake caliper carrier - LH Qty: 1
LR032060 ................Abutment spring kit Qty: 1
TOOLS:
Refer to Workshop Manual for any required special tools
NO: LTB00380 (ISSUE 1)
25 MAY 2011 TECHNICAL BULLETIN
Page 2 of 2
WARRANTY:
NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change;
those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair
time.
DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a
quantity of zero.
DESCRIPTION SRO TIME
(HOURS)
CONDITION
CODE
CAUSAL PART
Carrier Assembly - Caliper - Rear - Set - Renew 70.55.31 0.80 42
LR015521 - RH
LR015521 - LH
Normal Warranty policies and procedures apply
REPAIR PROCEDURE
REPLACE REAR BRAKE CALIPER CARRIERS AND PADS
NOTE: Refer to Technical Bulletin LTB00287 for rear brake caliper identification assistance.
1. Refer to Workshop Manual, section 206-04: Rear Disc Brake, and remove the left rear brake caliper carrier.
NOTE: The large casting lobe of the new caliper carrier
must be located at the bottom of the caliper.
NOTE: The black rubber based abutment spring must
be fitted with to the lower part of the carrier.
2. Install one (1) new abutment spring to new left rear brake
caliper carrier. (Figure 1)
NOTE: The brake caliper carriers are handed (left-hand
/ right-hand) and must be fitted with the black rubberbased
abutment spring at the lower part of the carrier.
3. Refer to Workshop Manual, section 206-04: Rear Disc
Brake, and install the new left rear brake caliper carrier with
new brake pads. (Figure 2)
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 to right rear brake caliper / carrier.
Figure 1
Figure 2

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my LR4 for the one year service. Had 6500 miles on it, but had to do service based on time not mileage. They replaced pads and callipers based on this LTB due to "squeaking". Seems to have worked. there was 10% wear on my brakes and tires.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my LR4 for the one year service. Had 6500 miles on it, but had to do service based on time not mileage. They replaced pads and callipers based on this LTB due to "squeaking". Seems to have worked. there was 10% wear on my brakes and tires.
George,

You have had your new LR4 for a year? Wow!

We are in the process of thinking about another vehicle and the wife wants an American-made SUV (Tahoe). Luckily I make the final decisions. Hehe.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George,

You have had your new LR4 for a year? Wow!

We are in the process of thinking about another vehicle and the wife wants an American-made SUV (Tahoe). Luckily I make the final decisions. Hehe.

-David

Hey David,
I have not had it for a year not even 6 months. When I got it it had 2 miles on it, but the service reminder kept coming on. I called and they said the "in service date" was march 2011 so the service had to be done before march 2012 for it to be covered by LR. Strange policy they have. I am not sure what "in service date" means. Are you getting a second vehicle? The lease on your LR4 cannot be up yet?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David,
I have not had it for a year not even 6 months. When I got it it had 2 miles on it, but the service reminder kept coming on. I called and they said the "in service date" was march 2011 so the service had to be done before march 2012 for it to be covered by LR. Strange policy they have. I am not sure what "in service date" means. Are you getting a second vehicle? The lease on your LR4 cannot be up yet?
Hey George,

Nope... not up for a year and a half and still figuring out if I am going to buy-out or not. I may even sell outright as right now I can definitely make some cash on the pay out - especially with the accessories I have added. I got a great deal on some rock slider/step combos from the UK and getting them next week.

Yes, we need a second vehicle, but I am not getting a Tahoe. I am really up in the air about it what's out there. They still want the G500, but I don't want to spend that money - especially since this is one we plan to buy. She makes a lot of trips to Utah and I want something safe and big. To be honest, I am thinking more of a truck because we could use it - maybe a Ford F350 King Ranch edition or something? I'll have to figure something out.

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

Nope... not up for a year and a half and still figuring out if I am going to buy-out or not. I may even sell outright as right now I can definitely make some cash on the pay out - especially with the accessories I have added. I got a great deal on some rock slider/step combos from the UK and getting them next week.

Yes, we need a second vehicle, but I am not getting a Tahoe. I am really up in the air about it what's out there. They still want the G500, but I don't want to spend that money - especially since this is one we plan to buy. She makes a lot of trips to Utah and I want something safe and big. To be honest, I am thinking more of a truck because we could use it - maybe a Ford F350 King Ranch edition or something? I'll have to figure something out.

-David

Good luck with the decision making. How about the GL350 Bluetech

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the decision making. How about the GL350 Bluetech
The GL350 Bluetech 4Matic is definitely an option. It's on my list. They really like the new Jeep Grand Cherokee too, but I doubt it. I'll let you know!

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am now having the same exact problem with the front brakes. This LTB00380 fixed my rear brakes. Does anyone know if there is another tsb for the front?
Also what is the difference between the front and rear brakes for this particular tsb to be only related to the rear brakes?

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
I would be carefull with the new Cherokee, especially one with the air suspension.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72