White, steel, Defender-style 18" wheels for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, my thinking exactly. I'd love to go to 18" at some point, and the Compmotives don't really do much for me. I mean they're fine, but a couple of pairs of the something as close to ones below as possible would be outstanding (I also have black, which, while I'm not crazy about ... would contrast really well with the white wheels). Sure I'd prefer them in 16", but LR already makes it a huge headache to go to 18".

50e62f23139adb27b72942fc8b54c53b.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take either the Tuffants or the Terrafirma steelies and have them powdercoated.

I wonder if the steelies from the new Defender will fit on the LR4?

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take either the Tuffants or the Terrafirma steelies and have them powdercoated.

Hmm, not a bad idea. The Terrafirma look more like actual Defender wheels ... but they only fit w/ spacers, yes? I'm not really familiar with spacers, and don't know what the downsides are (if any).

The TuffAnts say they fit the LR4 out-of-the-box, which makes me wonder why I've been even considering the Compmotives at twice the cost when (for me), these seem quite a bit more up my alley.

Now, I wonder how much powercoating would run ... :)

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say one thing, ryanjl -- you revealing the existence of the TuffAnts and Terrafirmas to me has essentially completely ruled the Wrangler Duratracs out of my tire decision process, given that it would only cost me around $300 more to go 18" TuffAnts + BFG KO2s than it would to put 19" Duratracs on the OEM wheels.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Terrafirma wheels require spacers, but a lot of people have run spacers with no issue. The key is buying good spacers.

I think powdercoating wheels typically runs about $100 per wheel? Not sure.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not a bad idea. The Terrafirma look more like actual Defender wheels ... but they only fit w/ spacers, yes? I'm not really familiar with spacers, and don't know what the downsides are (if any).

The TuffAnts say they fit the LR4 out-of-the-box, which makes me wonder why I've been even considering the Compmotives at twice the cost when (for me), these seem quite a bit more up my alley.

Now, I wonder how much powercoating would run ... :)
What do the Tuffants cost?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not run spacers, but I'm not crazy about the TuffAnts as the most utilitarian/Defender style wheels (which also don't come with ugly branding) don't seem like they fit the LR4. I got excited for a minute and thought I had some good new options, but it sounds like maybe not as good as I thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72