White, steel, Defender-style 18" wheels for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not run spacers, but I'm not crazy about the TuffAnts as the most utilitarian/Defender style wheels (which also don't come with ugly branding) don't seem like they fit the LR4. I got excited for a minute and thought I had some good new options, but it sounds like maybe not as good as I thought.
I just emailed their company to see what they say about this. I'll post their reply here.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just emailed their company to see what they say about this. I'll post their reply here.

They fit, but they'll change the stance of the vehicle due to the large offset. Still waiting to hear whether the ET44 wheels change the stance.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fit, but they'll change the stance of the vehicle due to the large offset. Still waiting to hear whether the ET44 wheels change the stance.

What does that mean “stance,” and is stance a practical consideration or just aesthetic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
I test fitted a TuffAnt wheel on a 35" tire. I do give a little view of what it looks like mounted. Keep in mind that is a 285/75r18

Last edited:

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed. They do fit according to their company. No spacers required.

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test fitted a TuffAnt wheel on a 35" tire. I do give a little view of what it looks like mounted. Keep in mind that is a 28/75r18

So they (the tires) "fit" but not really? Not practically anyway.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
So they (the tires) "fit" but not really? Not practically anyway.

If you don't plan on turning at all, then yes they fit. Have to replace entire front bumper and do mods to the wheel well. But the wheels fit without spacers

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't plan on turning at all, then yes they fit. Have to replace entire front bumper and do mods to the wheel well. But the wheels fit without spacers

So how big CAN we go while keeping all functionality?

Socialseb83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now, 35x12.50x18. That's what Lucky 8 is running

Maybe i misread your post. I thought you just said that putting 35s makes it unable to turn. So i CAN put 35s and still have all proper functionality without hacking to cut up my car to make them fit?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72