Metal coolant plumbing for LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M5Z3M

Reaction score
My 2012 LR4 HSE Luxury (5.0 naturally aspirated V8, 150,000 miles, all original cooling system) is going into the local shop next week to address chronic coolant leakage (a couple of quarts to top it up after every local trip of 30 miles or so). The mechanics there are good, and they just did the job on a supercharged six LR4 for $2,500, using plastic replacement piping.
My question is whether anyone sells metal plumbing to replace the absurd plastic setup the vehicle got when it was built.
Any other tips I can pass on to the crew would be appreciated.

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a thread on here about a guy doing prototypes of this but it never appeared to come to fruition to my knowledge.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure a metal crossover pipe exists for the V6 but someone here said the castings and quality weren’t great.

timc930

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CK the Jag F type forums, they have this for the AJ126, and possibly the 133

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you seen these? I personally haven't used them but worth a try?

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this very conversation with my very experienced Inde (LR master mechanic from Scotland). His position was in this case “stick to oem”, even though we do like going through the britparts catalogue.

So that is what I’ve done. They are plastic, they are a maintenance item, I’m ok with that.

And I’m hopeful as we all are that my preventative maintenance schedule mitigates surprise failures.
Afterall, At 100,000 and 10+ years… get it corrected already, let alone 150,000 miles!!!
Yes, mine are replaced at 100,000 km intervals.

Last edited:

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this very conversation with my very experienced Inde (LR master mechanic from Scotland). His position was in this case “stick to oem”, even though we do like going through the britparts catalogue.

So that is what I’ve done. They are plastic, they are a maintenance item, I’m ok with that.

And I’m hopeful as we all are that my preventative maintenance schedule mitigates surprise failures.
Afterall, At 100,000 and 10+ years… get it corrected already, let alone 150,000 miles!!!
Yes, mine are replaced at 100,000 km intervals.
Safe advice, yes. I stuck with OEM as well the last time I had it done but of course in my searching I found those. I even showed the LR dealer and they thought it would be a worthy alternative, offering to install them like they would the OEM parts.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I usually tell people that electronics and cooling, stick to oem. These trucks are very sensitive and boujee like that. I also tell people to overhaul EVERYTHING cooling related at the same time to save $$$ in the long run. Plastic deteriorate over time and you might be able to fix your front and rear crossover pipes to immediately solve the issue, but less than a year later you're replacing something else. I learned the hard way with 2 years worth of cooling headaches and one day I said F it and overhauled everything even though some stuff was less than a year old. Since yours is a V8, it should be a little cheaper since you don't have to deal with a supercharger, but that's just my guess.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72