Why LR3??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alryky30

Reaction score
Ok, still on the fence here. I want the LR3 or LR4, but really what brought you all to buying yours? Are they really reliable for the money you drop? I probably will not use it for its full off road potential, but love the safety factors for a family of 5, oh and the space. Plus I am sure I will never buy another American car as long as I live. I read a lot of negative posts, but hey that is what these sites do, they let people share and vent. SOOOOO, what possessed you to buy yours?:hello:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was worried like you but I just fell in love with it and said the hell with it and bought it.
I love it have had a few minor issues no big deal. I live 200miles from the nearest dealer.
will I buy one again YES YES YES.

alryky30

Reaction score
So in your opinion would you buy new or search the used?

dedoman

Reaction score
My 2cents

Ok... I'll chime in here, since Im taking delivery on a "gently used" LR3 HSE this week! I have had 2 pervious LR's, never a problem with either. Ive had a Hummer H3, H2 but still like the refined characters of the LR.
This is just a solid "go anywhere" vehicle, which has the perfect space and ability characteristics you want in a "go anywhere" vehicle.
The warranties are solid and did I say you have the ability to, in a criticle incident or weather related event, get out of anything, with family intact!

All that said, I would have pulled the trigger on a LR4, but couldnt swing the extra $ right now.

Im sure I will be in one of the LR4's or 5's ? wihtin the next 2-3 years. but until then, I cant wait to get back home into my LR3 this week!

Hope that helped...

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vCwIhExyq4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7vCwIhExyq4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were put in your situation I would hands down join the LR family. It is by far my most favorite vehicle out of my fleet even with all the little annoyances. I would suggest grabbing a good LR3 over the LR4. Why, well I'm not sure I agree with the re-design as it doesn't fit the modern utilitarian look the Discovery series was founded on, and while i appreciate thier offer for another 100 more horespower, I have never felt underpowered with the 300 horse engine in the LR3... even while towing a 7000 lb boat or horse trailer. There is undoubtably only one vehicle I would in a heart beat trade in my Three for... that is the D110 if/when they every bring them over here.
Good luck in your decision hope my 2 cents helped, but either way I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For this:
211888716_kHQsQ-XL.jpg

102163997_uz4Cc-XL-1.jpg

498544925_AFEjp-XL.jpg

Tower_Arch_road-800.gif

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy used unless, I could get the LR4 in a Deisel. I just can't get my self to take the hit on a new vehicle. I like to wait 2-3yrs and not take the depreciation hit. It dose not make financal sence to me but someone has to buy a new one, so I can buy it used in
3yrs. So I think you should buy a New one :)

Love your pics Nathan.
Gets me anxious to get out there. My brother is brinning his exterra up in 2 wks and we will be running so I am hopping he gets stuck while I dive thru. Drummond Island here we come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer