Wind noise on drivers side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my biggest gripe with my LR3... I've spent almost $600 to have the problem fixed... and it still isn't fixed...

I'm having to learn to live with it as Land Rover Austin racks up the cash every time I go in. It's always something different but it never gets remedied... I refuse to spend any more money on the issue...

I'm close to epoxying the damn things directly to the pillar. It's maddening that a $50k vehicle has this problem and it can't be fixed...

You don't have to live with LR Austin, I have a great and reasonable local shop, and I've been working with them doing work on mine LR3. They have done all sorts of stuff, so do not hesitate to call them instead; protechtx.com can get the job done. I order parts online. PM me with your e-mail address and i'll send you more information if you want it.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through this issue while my 3 was under warranty. The tech at the dealer was nice enough to let me in on a simple little trick... Ok, maybe he just got tried of seeing me :)

Buy the clip kit for the a-pillar, be sure to trim off the uppermost plastic locating post & install the "bandaid" provided to seal the hole. Install the a-pillar trim piece as you normally would, then using some black adhesive silicone, run a small bead over the area where the rubber seal & the windshield glass meet.

This absolutely solved my wind noise issues with this area. ... Then I added a roof rack :)

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my biggest gripe with my LR3... I've spent almost $600 to have the problem fixed... and it still isn't fixed...

I'm having to learn to live with it as Land Rover Austin racks up the cash every time I go in. It's always something different but it never gets remedied... I refuse to spend any more money on the issue...

I'm close to epoxying the damn things directly to the pillar. It's maddening that a $50k vehicle has this problem and it can't be fixed...

Jeeze--

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9