Wipers on a Classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

TCDown

Hi there,

Only just bought my first Range Rover. Its a Classic 4.2 LSE. My front windscreen wipers have just stopped working, I thought it was a fuse, which I couldn't find. So I rang the RAC, what the hell I pay for it, and the nice man turns up and says that the problem is the arms have come off the motor and it needs the whole dash taking out to fix it, which he wasn't prepared to do (lazy barsteward). So anyone got any ideas how I can remedy this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to make sure the 13 or 14 mm nuts at the bottom of the arm (where it attaches to the workings of the wipers...) These tend to get loose. If that doesn't fix it let us know

T

TCDown

Nah you can grab either wiper and move them both.. I have had another look at the manual and it appears that I have to remove the bonnet and deck plate(???) to gain access to the wiper motor. What a crock a ****

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry.... that does that suck

T

TCDown

Anyone had any experience taking this panel off before? Do I have to take the bonnet off as well?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Acorrding to the repair manual you have to remove the Bonnet...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM