Woo hoo - I'll be able to beat a GMC Yukon in 0-60! ;-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After watching tflcar.com's spy video of the purported LR Sport or LR2 or whatever one of the videos youtube suggested was tflcar.com doing a drag race of a 2014 SCV6 LR4 vs a GMC Yukon with a small V8. It can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6fTHKfCek&feature=youtu.be

A couple of notes on the video
  • The mountain peak in the background at 1:47 in the video is Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park. Nice. I can see it from my house (about 70 miles away). Not that you cared at all!
  • Nice to see a Nara Bronze since that is what I have ordered. Nearly everything I have seen has been white, black or gray. (Feeling a bit left out. ;-))
  • Yes, the Yukon does have more HP and torque and can tow over 8K lbs.
  • It does look they are pretty similar in weight but the Yukon has somewhat more interior room. And side by side the Yukon is clearly a much larger vehicle!
  • MSRP is about the same for the vehicles used in this video - according to the tflcar.com guys.

Anyway, now I know I will feel much better if I happen to be waiting for a green light next to a Yukon. Especially if that Yukon is loaded up with a bunch of soccer players. And provide there isn't a speed trap a block or two away. ;-)

And then they compared the approach angles for both vehicles in the following video. Why are they comparing these vehicles? Similar price and # of seats? Just because they have them?

Last edited:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say I would want to see this same race at sea level just to understand which one will do better. The SC helped the LR and the gap was rather large by a few seconds. Not sure the GMC could overcome that at sea level or not.

Says online the GMC with the 5.3L should do it in 8.3 vs our 7.7. So probably not.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Of course, I live at the elevation where this test was done. I don't suspect anyone on this forum is all that interested in the 0-60 number. If acceleration matters for most of you I think it is passing acceleration (50-90 or something.) And the guys at tflcar.com can be goofballs. But it is interesting to see. I was struck by how small the LR4 looked beside the Yukon.

simjet22

Reaction score
i can out run the 6.2L all day long with my LR. GM(giant mistake) are the worst. i can't believe they are actually trying to market the yukon/tahoe,etc north of $60k. i can understand the corvette, but no other GM product.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak