Wrangler HP tread life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

rover1

Thanks Grommet,

Yeah, I'd already read those reviews. I guess they are rated decent enough, and the tread pattern looks ok for snow, though not super aggressive. From what I read, the biggest drawback is they are heavy and hurt mileage. Just another idea for replacing the lousy HP's without changing (too much) from stock diameter...
On the plus side, they have a 50,000 mile guarantee and a 30 day trial. On the negative, it goes against all common sense to buy another goodyear after the frustration of the HPs. Food for thought. I love laboring over the details!

How much tread do you have left at 17k?

rover1

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin Synchrone's fellas. Stock size for the 19" tires on the LR3 HSE. I don't know if they have a size for the 18" tire. I replaced my Goodyears because they sucked so horribly. The Michelins are a good all around tire. I live/work in Virginia and I've seen snow, ice, mud and a combination of all the of those and had zero problems. They are also virtually silent on the highway, unlike the GY POS that I had on before.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got "The" call from the dealer today and they said that my LR3 needed an Alignment, so, they're doing that at my expense of $140.00, once I pick up my LR this afternoon, I have four 265/60/18 Yokohoma Geolanders waiting for me at Discount tire. Not bad in price $140/ea and supposed to have 50,000-60,000 treadwear, salesman says it's a nice tire.

X

xcursion

If one (ie my wife) never ventures off road and it never snows here, what good, quiet tire is there to replace my GY HP, if Pirelli Scopion Zero is not a good option?

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had Yokohoma Geolander HTS 265-60-18 put on our LR and they're pretty quiet. I got them at Discount tire for $140/ea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72