Wraparound brush bar (the genuine metal one) -- Mounting question - !?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the wraparound genuine LR nudge / brush bar (nonwinch) last night. 2005 HSE.

Looks great overall.... (My 33mm holes in the bumper may have been a bit too high and I did manage to crossthread one of hte bolts that goes into the frame (it wasnt tapped properly grr) but one other question.

Problem : Those 2 cynlindrical metal "spacers" that come with the kit and go on the long bolts that mount to the frame through the bumper holes seem like they are about 1cm too long. And they hold the brush bar out a tad too far so when its on the truck, its not totally flush where it mounts through the bumper (and you can see my rough hewn 33mm hole saw hole a bit)

So in other words, the ones I've seen mounted up at the dealer are absolutely flush against the bumper where they mount through the bumper. Mine is about 1cm away from the bumper, because those metal bushings hold it out away. If these spacers were shorter it would be perfect.

3723675966_9dd07f7eae.jpg

Has anyone else had this problem? Can I just cut those spacer things so they're shorter? (with a dremel or whatever). This would then allow (when tightened) the bar to be flush up to the truck so you can't see my mounting holes.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about... its those long cylindrical looking "spacers".

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for that, the post required approval for some reason.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of those parts in the diagram appear to go outside the bumper. Shouldn't you be able to just tighten the bolt to make it flush? Sorry if I don't understand. Perhaps a pic of your install would help. I put the other A Frame one on, but I think it's at least similar.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "spacer"... explained

These mounts are different than the ones for those soft A frame bars btw.

Actually the spacer goes over the bolt (it has a hole down the middle) and through the hole drilled in the bumper cover... so that basically then as you tighten the bolt brings in the nudge bar to the car.

its like this (from front of car to the rear of the car):

bolt head --> washer --> nudge bar mount --> washer --> spacer --> frame of car

So you can tighten the bolt head which brings the nudge bar mount closer to the frame of the car... but the "closeness" is determined by how long that spacer is. The spacer butts up against the frame of the car.

Sorry if that makes 0.0 sense... its a weird setup.

Ben

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635