Xeon for the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm completely happy with my 11 LR4 HSE, I have to admit, I love the visibility of my wife's 09 Acura TSX with the Xeon headlights. With that, I'm wondering if there is an inexpensive way to duplicate that on the LR4.

Thanks!

Marty
Hello Marty,

Please let me know if you have any questions, but I HIGHLY recommend the HID upgrades - you will NOT be disappointed! I had the Philips CV, which were better than the stock bulbs, but the HID lights are extremely bright and I have been very happy! I've had them in for close to 6 months with no issues - VERY easy to install (plug and play) and take out if you wish. If you look at the link baobay provided, all of the relevant ordering information and installation hints are there - very simple!

Best of luck - keep us posted!

-David

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a comparison between the two. I love my CV's but could move them to the fog lights if the HID's are truly leaps better. Does it come with two sided tape? How strong does it seem? It get's below zero up here and most adhesives don't like that very much.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a comparison between the two. I love my CV's but could move them to the fog lights if the HID's are truly leaps better. Does it come with two sided tape? How strong does it seem? It get's below zero up here and most adhesives don't like that very much.
Hi overblown,

The kit does come with a little tape, but I bought my own industrial strength all-weather double-sided tape. In addition, you will see from that thread, I also bought extra light caps from the dealer (you will see the part numbers on the thread) so I could drill small holes in them and bring the wires through and then tape them up with all-weather electrical tape. It really sealed it up very nicely! I place the ballasts on top of metal away from everything with plenty of tape and they are still rock solid. Granted, we don't get weather below 40 very much, but I know others on the list have had these lights for years.

You will find some pictures on the thread, but going from the CV's - let me tell you (and others will agree), it is a 1000X time better. You have the vibrant light of an HID, very similar to the factory HIDs. The light output and look is way beyond that of the CVs... You will be extremely happy with the upgrade.

If you do get the kit, we can help you get them installed and give you hints, etc. I definitely recommend going with the HID kit - really looks awesome!

I am sure others will agree!

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS....

I have the CVs as my fog lights and also replaced the high beams. I know some people put HIDs as fog lights, but I feel the more yellowish light is better as a fog... So, I have HIDs as my low beams and CVs as fogs and high beams.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leave auto high beam on always.Its a costly option and I wi
L use it till I dump this for a 2013 lt4 diesel

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I leave auto high beam on always.Its a costly option and I wi
L use it till I dump this for a 2013 lt4 diesel
Hey guss,

I heard that Land Rover is also going to get rid of all letter-number names like LR2, LR4 and have global names back to Discovery, etc. I think that's a good idea - keep it consistent! I like the idea of it being a Discovery 5. ;-)

-David

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The high beams are not xenons. The high beams are H7 halogens. They are great however.
Just wondering... I used to have BMW 550i and was sure that LBs are Xenon and HBs are not, until a friend of mine showed me a trick – If you flash with it – it is none Xenon, but if you turn it on – it is. That was a nice surprise!  Hope it is the same on LR that I just got! Will check as soon as I get to garage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72