Xeon for the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm completely happy with my 11 LR4 HSE, I have to admit, I love the visibility of my wife's 09 Acura TSX with the Xeon headlights. With that, I'm wondering if there is an inexpensive way to duplicate that on the LR4.

Thanks!

Marty

marijono

Reaction score
Ours is 2012 LR4 HSE Lux with dual Xenon lights (low and high beam). I don't think 2012 has different headlights than 2011. We can't complained about visibility in ours, especially with the Auto high beam and that they also turn as you turn the steering wheel. As a matter of fact, I feel that LR4's lights are brighter than our prior MDX's.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours is 2012 LR4 HSE Lux with dual Xenon lights (low and high beam). I don't think 2012 has different headlights than 2011. We can't complained about visibility in ours, especially with the Auto high beam and that they also turn as you turn the steering wheel. As a matter of fact, I feel that LR4's lights are brighter than our prior MDX's.

The high beams are not xenons. The high beams are H7 halogens. They are great however. The low beams in the lux are xenons. I actually turned off my high beam assist. I find it is slow to respond especially with traffic on a cross road. I got flashed by a few people. I prefer to control the high beams myself. That's just a personal preference.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm completely happy with my 11 LR4 HSE, I have to admit, I love the visibility of my wife's 09 Acura TSX with the Xeon headlights. With that, I'm wondering if there is an inexpensive way to duplicate that on the LR4.

Thanks!

Marty

Yeah, there is a thread with pics and explanation on how to install HID kit. Just do a search. The thread is called HID installed. I did the swap when I had my 2010 HSE and it was nice. I would get the 55w kit however instead of the 35w one to get a brighter output.

marijono

Reaction score
The high beams are not xenons. The high beams are H7 halogens. They are great however. The low beams in the lux are xenons. I actually turned off my high beam assist. I find it is slow to respond especially with traffic on a cross road. I got flashed by a few people. I prefer to control the high beams myself. That's just a personal preference.

Thanks for the correction on High-beam. I am planning to replace mine with H7 Philips X-treme Power. Is it a good idea?

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there is a thread with pics and explanation on how to install HID kit. Just do a search. The thread is called HID installed. I did the swap when I had my 2010 HSE and it was nice. I would get the 55w kit however instead of the 35w one to get a brighter output.

Thanks. I did a search on xeon and came up empty. Will check out the HID.

Marty

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Me too. The auto high beams need some improvement.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction on High-beam. I am planning to replace mine with H7 Philips X-treme Power. Is it a good idea?

I wouldn't mess with changing the high beams on a lux with vision assist. I think if you disconnect the headlight assembly and reconnect it, the active headlight movement will need to be reprogrammed by the dealer. I find the high beams are plenty bright. you can swap the dogs however to ale the whiter and brighter so they match the HID low beams.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72