Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The maxtrax are cool but you can't really use them to ramp up a ledge as well as the waffle or bridging ladders. Just so you can compare, check them out. Here's a source I've used before:
waffle- http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-waffleboards.htm
sand ladder - http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-sandladders-aluminum.htm

Badass actual "bridging" ladders - http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/4127/DA2284-MANTEC-BRIDGING-LADDERS-PAIR.html

http://www.mantec.co.uk/productdetail.cfm?theProductID=E79F939C-15C5-F4C0-99C6FC6100BEB80B

Also, consider the reason I chose a rigid waffle board over a flexible maxtrac thingy: I have mine mounted bridged across the factory tracks which makes them easy to access, even when the Hannibal rack is mounted above them but also they can be a standing platform without the rack. They become a dual function item.

Actually, multi-function when you consider that I also use them as a vehicle leveling device while using the roof tent. Stacked as 2 they are 4" ground to tire. I think the maxtrax mesh into each other for better packing but they become useless for other purposes like these I've mentioned.

They could even become a table if you covered them with a towel or table cloth. Or a standing footbed/platform for showering. Try that on maxtrax. Ok, so many uses for a rigid product. Now I guess I'm officially in love with these waffle boards ;)

I plan to get either a couple moe of these or add in the Mantec bridging or sand ladders next.

Today the LR3 is getting a new front wheel bearing.... :( $900 for only 100,000 miles. That kind of sucks. They ought to last 200k or more.

Last edited:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, $900? Do it yourself for $250. It's not too hard, I'm not super mechanical, and the other side will fail soon...
Atlantic British has a YouTube video that is very easy to follow.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been doing quite a bit of wheeling lately in VT pre-running trails for Vermont Overland for the upcoming VO Trophy as well as day trips. Will be posting up pics. But pleasantly surprised and happy with how well the LR4 runs offroad.

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

tucsontom

Reaction score
NASdiesel- illuminate us with the choice of lights on your grill and how did you mount them? Are you happy with them? Close up photo? I assume they are more of a flood/fog light? Did you run a separate switch and to where? I am thinking of doing the same. Are yours bright white or the less than bright white type? I see the LED bar on the roof rack- are you running 2 batteries - or with LED - not needed?

Good looking rig!

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, how's the wind noise with the front runner LED bar on the roof?

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have been doing quite a bit of wheeling lately in VT pre-running trails for Vermont Overland for the upcoming VO Trophy as well as day trips. Will be posting up pics. But pleasantly surprised and happy with how well the LR4 runs offroad.

NAS.... full list of mods please! :hello:

Also curious what model and if you have the HD package?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NASdiesel- illuminate us with the choice of lights on your grill and how did you mount them? Are you happy with them? Close up photo? I assume they are more of a flood/fog light? Did you run a separate switch and to where? I am thinking of doing the same. Are yours bright white or the less than bright white type? I see the LED bar on the roof rack- are you running 2 batteries - or with LED - not needed?

Good looking rig!

I'm using a Baja Designs set of lights (Driving) on the front grille and superbrightleds.com light bar under the rack. I think there is an older writeup on the mounts I made and incorporated. I'm actually unhappy with the baja lights. They throw an okay amount of light but not what I expected. The led light bar on the other hand is terrific. The reflectors are high quality. All are a brighter white. I run the lights off the garage door switches using a wireless relay setup. I do have a second battery but the lights are wired to the main battery. They don't draw enough and I only have them on when the truck is on anyway.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, how's the wind noise with the front runner LED bar on the roof?

Excellent now that I did away with the gap between the light and rack. When I first installed the light, it left a 3/4" gap that caused the most ungodly whistling that was deafening. I cut down a piece of L aluminum stock to mount in between and that has made it extremely quiet.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS.... full list of mods please! :hello:

Also curious what model and if you have the HD package?

I have a '12 HSE with HD package, cameras, and pretty much everything except the lux (which I wish I had gone for). Hidden warn zeon 10K winch in winch tray in the front, Devon 4x4 skid plates, tactical rover rock sliders and gas tank skid, front runner rack, Kaymar rear bumper with tire mount, Kenwood 2M radio with APRS, britpart rod lift, a bunch of other interior mods (luggage partition, 12v ports, etc). Tires are 275/55R20 with a 3/4" spacer.

tucsontom

Reaction score
That is exactly what I was looking at for the grill - Baja Designs. I am looking for more of a flood/fog so for me they may be fine. Your input is a big help. I will search the thread for the mounting system your used for the grill. I mostly need the lights for snow and dust at modest or slow speeds and may even get an amber lens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72