05 Disco...I mean LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, the Rangie has a flat-topped lower tailgate. Look at the D1 or D2's rear gate. There is a step in the metal to add support to the spare tire carrier.

Now look at the LR3, which has its spare underneath. The rear gate still has the step, as if the spare is still on the door. This, IMHO, is stupid design, and breaks up the flow of the vehicle.

T

Thonglaw

Hrm...I'd like to see the TJ Rubicon vs the New LR3 in an offroad challenge. From my experience the Rubi would quickly take the LR3 in my local wood infested offroading, but in the open it's hard to say.

C

chicagorovers

How can you compare a Rubicon, which is completely engineered and designed for off roading to the LR3, which is in the class of "luxury SUV" (with still the greatest capability in its class). The defender has always been the vehicle in the Land Rover family that is designed and engineered (ie cloth and no airbag) for "utility" purposes.
How about a Defender vs. Rubicon.
Jeep liberty vs. the Disco.
Grand Cherokee vs. Range Rover.....hee hee hee

I bet LR would sweep or take 3 out of 4

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you mean 2 out of 3?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and which one are you assuming would lose?

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't mean to be an *ss, but isn't the LR3 a 113" wb? Can't anyone see that is an explorer? Going over 101.5" wb is just too much for me! And it's ugly! Does it have a low range? You buy one & bring it & that full-size *** pick-up someone else mentioned on over here to missouri, follow me & we will see which one gets stuck first! 1. Full size p/u 2. The new, improved disco lr3, 3. Me-even if I have to force it. While new technology might be fine for TV's & Computers, I just don't see the need for etc, abs, ace, or anything that will enable/disable my Rover electrically to do something that I probably shouldn't do or should have done w/more skinny pedal! Remember we are talking about a vehicle that comes standard w/@ least 1 gremlin in the electricle sys. let alone the amnesiac ECU's and the endless list of other probs. @ least the dealer can figure it out. Wrong again @ your expense! How about some simplicity in @ least some packages! (I would like manual windows,for instance) Thank You, LRW.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
AMEN Lonnie..AMEN !! I just want a LR that does not have issues..Ha ha !! That I fear will never happen. I just need to break down and buy RovaCom and start my own LR business.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enjoying your coffee this morning? hehe

You do have good points.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why yes, I am just finishing a cup of the free "Genuine Land Rover" coffee that came w/cup that my wife got me! I'm looking for a Lucas Genuine coffee *** so that I can make my morning coffee just as exciting as my ride! Will the lr3 be available w/power retracting running boards, like some of it's ford bastard cousins have? HaHaHa....LRW. P.S. Thank You!

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Hello, RoverChic! I didn't see your post up there! I think you are on the right track, I mean you can build a dependable Rover w/correct parts and attention to detail and lots of anti-sieze & dielectric grease. And zip ties, of course! But I notice you carry spares as though you were going to spend the next 18 months in the ozarks. So do I, but that is where I live, here you must have spares. When you buy & carry spares it is like cheap insurance because your Rover Knows they are there, and wouldn't think of breaking a part that could be so easily replaced. Same goes for electrical, get a couple x-tra bulbs and relays (you ust have both green & yellow) to subdue the gremlins! As I have said, my Rover has NEVER stranded me, always got me home, although sometimes a little late. Knock on "Genuine Land Rover" wood trim! Thank You, LRW. Yes, my initials are the same as Land Rover World, or Lawerence Welk.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112