2011 landrover lr4 gas milage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

italiansta1978

Reaction score
hello this is my first post so if i am being boring sorry. currently have 2010 mercedes GL350 bluetec (diesel) and my wife hates the car it has a good gas miliage but it is a mercedes so she is in love with LR4 and trying to get one this week. how many miles do you all get for the tank on my mercedes with 28 gal tank i get any where between 600-650 miles but it costs like $125-$140 to fill it up can nay one answer that for me thanks

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear stallion,
The range of an LR4 is about 325 miles. The capacity of the tank is 22 gallons. I get 16.8 mpg on avg.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear stallion,
The range of an LR4 is about 325 miles. The capacity of the tank is 22 gallons. I get 16.8 mpg on avg.

wow, thats pretty good. I have been getting 13-14/gallon. I am in the first 1000 miles. Does it improve as the engine is broken in?

Also, I guess I am chicken and fill it up too soon. I have not been able to put more than 17.5 gallons in it.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm good when taking a trip, I get about the same at 325 per tank. I have never pumped more than 17.8 gallons in at a fill up even when the computer said zero till empty. The manual says it has a 3 gallon reserve and I guess it must. I have never been brave enough to run her down more than that.

My numbers on the road are better than 17mpg. I just turned 11,000 miles last night after my run at a local state park.

Rob

starrover

Reaction score
I have 1700 miles on mine and no matter what I do I cannot get better than 14.7 mpg. I drive almost exclusively within our little town, maximum of 40 miles an hour...not sure if I'd show better numbers with highway miles.

eaglerover

Reaction score
2500 miles in and I am getting 18.0 avg....much better than I expected to be honest...

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We average about 14MPG and seem to have to fill up every 250 miles or so

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 7500 miles on my '11 and the range for a full tank runs from about 300-325 miles. My driving includes mostly highway or roads with limited stops. I average a little over 16mpg.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a sweet spot around 50-65 mph that you can get really good gas mileage. That is where my truck is most of the time on the roads around my area. If I drive faster than 75mph on the interstate, all bets are off for what kind of mileage I will get. Around town at 30-45 I don't get that great of mileage.

Rob

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i had all of your numbers. I have 18K on mine..i live in New York where my average speed is 30-40 and the BEST i can get out of my baby is 13mph when i am running around the gridlock of Gotham City. I had to change my brake pads at 11,500K as well from all of that stop and go driving (10 months after purchasing the vehicle off the floor). I just came back from a roadtrip upstate where i drove over 400 miles one way and i reset my fuel trip odometer and compared it with an outside GPS FUEL device and i registered 18.1 MPG which did make me smile. ALL was not lost...just my region.

I also got 380 miles out of a full tank as well. I did let it get it down to the empty warning signal of less than 10 miles to empty as i knew i had a gas station less than 5 miles away. Rest assured i will be one of the first to get the Range_e (Hybrid Diesel) model next year if it releases as planned. They are projecting 690 miles on a full tank of gas and 85MPG. I am usually not a first year model purchaser but i took a chance with the LR4 and i am absolutely in love with this truck and so far no major issues at all. With gas approaching $5 a gallon now...i know they say if you own a Rover, gas was never a worry but that statement will start to charge if something is not done. :) Here is a link...http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/about-land-rover/news-overview/2316326/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635