2011 lr4 dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobaker4

Reaction score
Hi Guys, wow! What happened to this thread!? Anyway... In an effort to get it back ON topic here is the outcome of my problem:
Truck was towed back to dealer they "found vehicle non responsive to key or any other input" checked battery, it was fine. They said they then reset the main computer and re-flashed it with a software update. Now it is working again. When I asked why this would have happened they replied "well...it's a Land Rover".

So obviously I'm happy to have the vehicle back but without much trust for it... Here's hoping the computer doesn't just crap out again one day.

Will keep you all updated, got my fingers crossed.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news that your truck is fixed, but really ****** response from the service dept. Doesn't give me much confidence at all!!!!

Rambonepali

Reaction score
Hey u!!!

Hoyas06 chiming in with obvious ignorance to the context of my post. It's always good to have the proper frame of reference before responding.

Btw, does anyone know how to contact an administrator? I have been physically threatened in a private message.

To all the land rover forum people, I would like to tell u all that this guy GFCRONUS is the worst person I have encountered in any vehicle forum that I have been a member of and it's so very good to know that iam not the only one who feels that this guy GFCRONUS is one hell of a hypocrite and should not be allowed in any forum.

Thanx all.:tongue:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, wow! What happened to this thread!? Anyway... In an effort to get it back ON topic here is the outcome of my problem:
Truck was towed back to dealer they "found vehicle non responsive to key or any other input" checked battery, it was fine. They said they then reset the main computer and re-flashed it with a software update. Now it is working again. When I asked why this would have happened they replied "well...it's a Land Rover".

So obviously I'm happy to have the vehicle back but without much trust for it... Here's hoping the computer doesn't just crap out again one day.

Will keep you all updated, got my fingers crossed.
Hey Jobaker4,

I am glad to hear your LR4 is fixed, but sorry that you got the "it's a Land Rover" response from the dealership. I actually had the service manager tell me, "part of the fun of the LR4 is its quirkiness". Um, I don't really agree with that, especially if people are fixing the beast outside the warranty. I will not be keeping LR4 past the warranty, but that's definitely scary for fellow owners in it for the long run (and many miles).

Please keep us posted!

Regards, David

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TO EVERYONE: This thread is out of control regarding language and even references to death threats. I have notified and reported this thread multiple times, with really no help from whoever this site is supposed to be operating under. This forum obviously is never monitored much??? It seems the main culprit is gfcronus?? The next step is to notify authorities...nobody needs to be reading about death threats on a car forum.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
TO EVERYONE: This thread is out of control regarding language and even references to death threats. I have notified and reported this thread multiple times, with really no help from whoever this site is supposed to be operating under. This forum obviously is never monitored much??? It seems the main culprit is gfcronus?? The next step is to notify authorities...nobody needs to be reading about death threats on a car forum.

Cypress, with all of his facts precisely backwards. Go back and read the thread from start to finish, this time slowly. Once you are finished, you should be able to answer these basic questions correctly:

- Who is accused of making the death threats?
- To whom were they made?

Take your time. Once you are finished, we can join forces together to call the authorities, although I am not sure what the authorities can do to someone living a stone's throw from Everest base camp.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you are finished, we can join forces together to call the authorities
Let us know what "the authorities" say when you report Rambo accusing you of licking his behind or warning you to watch yourself.

I thought you were not concerned about the "death" threats... Besides the only way Rambo's messages could be interpreted as a death threat is if you were to die from Hepatitis A after a *****-**** route contamination. Then again, this assumes the content of his PM is accurate. :stupid:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM