2015 the new discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the article that Zenphx linked:

Showcasing Jaguar Land Rover’s advanced research projects; the Discovery Vision Concept car is a design and technology showcase which will be unveiled at the New York International Auto Show on April 16, 2014. The concept demonstrates a Land Rover design vision for a future family of premium SUVs built on key principles of emotive design, unrivaled capability and ultimate versatility.

So, whatever we are going to see at the NY auto show will likely just be a concept vehicle and will probably not be the new LR2/LR4 replacements.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you seen the latest announcement regarding the discovery concept; transparent bonnet?
Here's the link: http://www.interactivelandrover.com/discovery_vision_concept/displayrelease.php?itemid=717
and here's the youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7j1daok72c

in avionics, this is called synthetic vision. I worked on this at honeywell aerospace.

For discovery, this will answer that age old existential question: Was that a groundhog i just ran over???
;)

yes!!!!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the latest announcement regarding the Discovery Concept; transparent bonnet?

If it doesn't have a diesel under the hood this time, then I don't give a damn about the fancy technology.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like an LR4 or RR that had a large piano fall on the roof......

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Months of suspense and all we get is another version of the Ford Explorer with a Range Rover mug? I don't dislike it - I kind of like the Explorer - but it's an uninspired design. Gone are the rugged good looks and squared lines of past Discos. Bummer. The built-in technology sounds amazing.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I am very impressed. It looks like some sort of space craft from the interior. And it comes with laser beams!!! Just not sure it should take place of the lr4.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112