Amsoil or Royal Purple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time deciding between amsoil or royal purple for my front and rear diffs. I was also reading on land rovers north that the Amsoil 75w/90 can be used in the transfer case. Is this true?

klabat

Reaction score
Just my $.02, but I use RedLine in my BMWs. I haven't done my LR3 yet, but if I don't use the LR stuff, I'll probably use the RedLine. Just about everyone I talk to about fluids on my vehicles recommends RedLine over just about everything else (except maybe Amsoil). I also have good experience using the RedLine and Amsoil in my motorcycles.

Kevin

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stick to the stock stuff, but both amsoil and redline are quality products

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time deciding between amsoil or royal purple for my front and rear diffs. I was also reading on land rovers north that the Amsoil 75w/90 can be used in the transfer case. Is this true?

Tough decision. I used to send my customers oil samples to Amsoil to help promote and prove they lived up to the hype. Well, they did. Results were amazing on engine oil. Amsoil though was my other best seller and what I used. We had some track tests on one of our cars and the Royal Purple proved the winner. Actual dyno results. (minimal, but present) Since then, I run Royal Purple. Sorry if I made it worse, hope it helps. Both great companies.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either are good and can be used in both the t/case and diffs. I run a heavier version, 75W/140 for extra wear protection and less heat.
You'll need 7 quarts to do all 3 changes.

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Royal purple in my diffs. And 7 quarts would be for a disco not an LR3. .6q for front diff, 1q for rear and 1.5 for T-case.

dallascarstore

Reaction score
I went with Royal purple in my diffs. And 7 quarts would be for a disco not an LR3. .6q for front diff, 1q for rear and 1.5 for T-case.

I used redline in diffs and could tell a smoother sound from the diffs. A well lubricated feel if you would. I used the Rover Oil in the transfer case and use Amsoil in the engine. I swear by Amsoil after having an oil pressure drop in my Ferrari and was able to restore factory pressure switching to Amsoil. I track the car and when she was real warm Amsoil was the only oil that retained the exact oil pressure measurements through out. I use to use Royal Purple. Amsoil Engine oil I believe to be the best, I dont know about their diff fluids.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used redline in diffs and could tell a smoother sound from the diffs. A well lubricated feel if you would. I used the Rover Oil in the transfer case and use Amsoil in the engine. I swear by Amsoil after having an oil pressure drop in my Ferrari and was able to restore factory pressure switching to Amsoil. I track the car and when she was real warm Amsoil was the only oil that retained the exact oil pressure measurements through out. I use to use Royal Purple. Amsoil Engine oil I believe to be the best, I dont know about their diff fluids.

umm, did you say Ferrari. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo