Asfir 4x4 sump guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TLB, how'd you do? Probably too late to be of any help now, but I was going to suggest you zoom into the last photo of my installed plate (see page 3) as the location of that spacer and front plate bolt is visible. Anyway, looking forward to the installed photos.

Ivan, I can measure it for you on Monday when I get my car back from the dealer. You referring to the strip of foam on the inner edge of the front plate, right?

Hi Umberto,
I wish I took a very close look at this picture yesterday when I was assembling the skid plate.
Anyway, it is done. Like you said, it was easy once you figured out how to do this. Installation instructions would save lots of time and language kids should not listen to.
For sure , Asfir plate can not be mounted with OE plate in place. On the other hand the small OE plate can be left in place ( after removing the big OE plate bolts go back to secure the back of small pate).
The bars/spacer were the worst to figure out where and how to place them. On the diagram, from asfir they point straight to the front, but in reality after inserting them into a "frame" ( this took me few hours ) they look at each other at 90* to long axis of the truck.
Thanks for or your help :hello:
LR4 in super extended mode
My" favorite" part of the installation a bar/ spacer :help::help:

Attachments

• CIMG1739.jpg
    CIMG1739.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 81
  • CIMG1740.jpg
    CIMG1740.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 74
  • CIMG1750.jpg
    CIMG1750.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 77
  • CIMG1751.JPG
    CIMG1751.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 80

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And few final pictures. I decided to save money and not powder coat the plates. Black would look better but with a silver grill on the truck and a silver skid plate it is still OK.
In few weeks my t-case and fuel tank tactical rover plates should arrive and I will be done with mods. Hmmm, a spare tire swing away carrier would be nice :smile::smile: , maybe in the future.

CIMG1752.jpg

CIMG1755.jpg

CIMG1756.jpg

CIMG1757.jpg

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the tire carrier as my final mod. Can't find a price for the terrafirma one. Gotta save up for those 5 compomotive rims + tyres (as they say over there).

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know *** those little flaps (spoiler) whatever that hang down in front of the front wheels are for? I removed them long ago when I caught one in the sand and nearly ripped it off. I still can not figure what they are supposed to do!

I have seen them on other SUVs too, so... ???

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There mud flaps and as I can see there uses to keep mud from getting into the bumper (they failed at that).

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know *** those little flaps (spoiler) whatever that hang down in front of the front wheels are for? I removed them long ago when I caught one in the sand and nearly ripped it off. I still can not figure what they are supposed to do!

I have seen them on other SUVs too, so... ???

They're there to help with aerodynamics. Who knows, maybe someone at LR thought that they'd help gain a few mpgs. I've also taken mine off.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And few final pictures. I decided to save money and not powder coat the plates. Black would look better but with a silver grill on the truck and a silver skid plate it is still OK.
In few weeks my t-case and fuel tank tactical rover plates should arrive and I will be done with mods. Hmmm, a spare tire swing away carrier would be nice :smile::smile: , maybe in the future.

Good looking rig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72