Asfir 4x4 sump guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used the POS scissors jack many times with the sliders, w/o issues. It's far from ideal but it works. You can pretty much position the jack wherever you want under the Tactical sliders, just keep its head away from the outer edges as the car may shift inward a bit as you jack one side up.

I never liked Hi-Lifts much. They can be terrific with certain vehicles and applications, but with ours, even with sliders and nerf bars fitted, there is really no good way of positioning one without putting body and paintwork in grave danger.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got my jack stands this morning. With the ones I got I will have to put the truck in a super extended mode and jack it up a little more to place them. It looks like my wheels will be hanging in the air. I hope I would be able to do this today.
Did you use blue removable threadlocker on the bolts? Any need for it?

Jack stand posts are shaped to embrace a frame, axle, etc. Any problem to place them under a flat surface of rock sliders? Sorry for maybe obvious to you questions but I just do not feel like taking the truck to a shop for this install and decided to do it myself.

Last edited:

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got home so I'm letting the truck cool down a bit before I go down there. I'll post some pics of my gear plate issue and fix

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got my jack stands this morning. With the ones I got I will have to put the truck in a super extended mode and jack it up a little more to place them. It looks like my wheels will be hanging in the air. I hope I would be able to do this today.
Did you use blue removable threadlocker on the bolts? Any need for it?

Jack stand posts are shaped to embrace a frame, axle, etc. Any problem to place them under a flat surface of rock sliders? Sorry for maybe obvious to you questions but I just do not feel like taking the truck to a shop for this install and decided to do it myself.

Whoa, what kind of jack stands did you get?!? The ones I use are adjustable, and in their lowest position I have no problem fitting them under the LR4 at normal height. In extended off-road they are actually an inch or so short of reaching the sliders with their posts, but that's OK as they are supposed to be an insurance against disaster only. You can place them anywhere under the sliders.

I didn't use any Treadlocker on the bolts, although it may actually be a good idea.Gave fun you two!

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa, what kind of jack stands did you get?!? The ones I use are adjustable, and in their lowest position I have no problem fitting them under the LR4 at normal height. In extended off-road they are actually an inch or so short of reaching the sliders with their posts, but that's OK as they are supposed to be an insurance against disaster only. You can place them anywhere under the sliders.

I didn't use any Treadlocker on the bolts, although it may actually be a good idea.Gave fun you two!

these ones http://www.harborfreight.com/6-ton-jack-stand-set-38847.html
plus 2O% off.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have measure the clearance before buying them. Too late. :eek: At least my floor jack has no problems lifting the truck very high.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem: gear skid plate rubs

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411258275130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411258275130.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 37

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solucion: a bit of rough love

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411258372811.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411258372811.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ma stuck. can not align freaking spacer ( flat, bar like shaped that go between front and rear plate. *** Am I so stupid? Or do I have to remove those plastic flap spoilers?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo