CNET review of the LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And who can take CNET seriously anyways! I sure don’t. Their expertise is in testing iPads and HP Laptops, not testing and reviewing vehicles, even though this segment probably helps with their bottom line.

Actually I've rather enjoyed the Brian Cooley reviews of cars. He always starts with a comprehensive review of the cabin tech. This is something that most other car reviews gloss over - and something I am interested in. And cabin tech certainly is within the realm of what CNET is about. It really is unfortunate that the LR4 was reviewed by Molly and not Brian.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I've rather enjoyed the Brian Cooley reviews of cars. He always starts with a comprehensive review of the cabin tech. This is something that most other car reviews gloss over - and something I am interested in. And cabin tech certainly is within the realm of what CNET is about. It really is unfortunate that the LR4 was reviewed by Molly and not Brian.

I'm really not into the techie stuff like iPod adapters/cabin tech, I'm more of an enthusiast and into the engineering aspects of an automobile. Maybe I'm just old.

Last edited:

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I owned Lexus for the longest time. Satrted with an ES300, then RX 350, then GX 470, and finally GS 350 AWD. I can honestly say that the LR4 drives better than any of those. The tech in the Lexus is a little more advanced and easier to use, but I don't care about that. I was thinking of getting the new GX 460, but I am glad I did not. That thing is Ugly and small, esp the interior. If tyou get the fully loaded LR4 the price would be equal to the GX 460. IMHO the LR4 is much more car for the money....

LR4ME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped watching before the end, she is just too annoying. I guess if a tech site reviews a car, they are primarily concerned with tech, and will focus the review on that. The problem is, that only a very small (cough morons cough) market segment buys a car based on how intuitively your cell phone bluetooth pairs with the car. I agree the nav kind of sucks, but as she even pointed out, cell phone nav is now superior to ALL in-car nav systems (on even the newest car on the lot, the in-car nav must have been designed and built at least 12-18 months ago, before the iPhone4, or Android). I imagine in a few years the in-car screen will be reduced to serving as a display/input device for the brainy phone, which will bring along all the nav/traffic/weather/audio content etc any of us need.
One thing I did appreciate, and raises a pet peeve which all car makers seem to do now days, was the view of the engine. Why, oh why, does LR have to cover that big, glorious V8 with a generic plastic cover? You sold me 5.0L of donk, I wanna see all of it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM