Count Laszlo's LR4 - Guards & Flaps Pics - Warning Hi-Res Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the price compare with www.carpartsestore.com from US? I recently purchased some parts and found them to be cheapest in US. I see that Duckworth has lower price but shipping? How much was the shipping for front and rear guard?

By the way, thanks for the picture. This is by far the best pictures showing the guards. I wasn't able to convince my wife with little picture on the accessory catalog. These might do it.

Plus, may I ask what was the lens type and setting to take these pictures?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the price compare with www.carpartsestore.com from US? I recently purchased some parts and found them to be cheapest in US. I see that Duckworth has lower price but shipping? How much was the shipping for front and rear guard?

By the way, thanks for the picture. This is by far the best pictures showing the guards. I wasn't able to convince my wife with little picture on the accessory catalog. These might do it.

I couldn't purchase the front light guards in the US so figured I'd get all the parts at once from the UK. I paid £55 pounds for DHL 2-day shipping and got them in 3-days. I think the total for everything was just shy of $600.00, maybe a little less. It was an amazing deal.

But what ever you do, if you end up ordering anything from the UK, and you don't go with overnight shipping, but go with Royal Air Mail, expect up to 55-days because of Homeland Security nonsense. I waited some 6-weeks for some parts in November and received a letter from the vendor letting me know of the new HLS BS. :bootyshak Never again!

I'm really glad you like the pics. I also couldn't find any good pis of the front light guards and was worried I wouldn't like them either... But once installed I knew immediately they looked awesome. They look even better in person. I love them and my LR4 doesnt look the everyone elses. And if you end up not liking them you can always sell them on eBay.

The lenses I used were:

Nikon 135mm DC f2.0
Nikon 85mm f1.4
Nikon 17-35mm f2.8

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry I provided the lenses but not the settings. I believe ISO setting was 200, aperture settings ranged between 2.8, 4.0 to 5.6, and shutter speeds ranged around from 1/800 to 1200. It was really bright out and also adjusted my EV to -1.0 and -0.7.

I usually manually control aperture and let the camera take care of the shutter speeds for shots like this.

Last edited:

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice collection of lens you got there. I am blaming my photo skill on a $350 kit lens :)
So $600 for front and rear guards only or did you order something else?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice collection of lens you got there. I am blaming my photo skill on a $350 kit lens :)
So $600 for front and rear guards only or did you order something else?

Hi Tjp74,

You'd be surprised how good you can make a kit lens shine. For those nice DOF shots, just open up that aperture and use a long focal length (assuming you have a zoom lens, try 85mm or above, experiment)... and you should be able to get a nice shot with bokeh. :)

So, I checked my account and I bought the following parts for $627.94 (392.40 pounds.)

* Front Mud Flaps
* Rear Mud Flaps
* Front Light Guards
* Rear Light Guards
* DHL 2-3-day Shipping

They did not charge me VAT since that's an EU tax.

I hope this helps... What colour is your LR4?

Last edited:

tom7

Reaction score
Hi Tjp74,

You'd be surprised how good you can make a kit lens shine. For those nice DOF shots, just open up that aperture and use a long focal length (assuming you have a zoom lens, try 85mm or above, experiment)... and you should be able to get a nice shot with bokeh. :)

So, I checked my account and I bought the following parts for $627.94 (392.40 pounds.)

* Front Mud Flaps
* Rear Mud Flaps
* Front Light Guards
* Rear Light Guards
* DHL 2-3-day Shipping

They did not charge me VAT since that's an EU tax.

I hope this helps... What colour is your LR4?

I inquired about LR4 mud flaps at my LR dealer...the price to purchase all 4 was very reasonable....was about to by them when i was informed that it would cost nearly double the price for the installation....

Please provide some feedback on the installation process....i consider myself to be "handy" but i will not attempt if drilling is involved....the car is a lease and have 3 years to go......and i am not sure if i will keep the car

BushRover

Reaction score
Hey quick question - when you installed the front lamp guards, how hard it that? Did you have to do any drilling? or did they just pop in using existing screw holes?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM