Cowl Trim replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenum chamber panel sure is a funny name for the cowling for the windshield....

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Windshield Wiper Motor

Removal

Remove the plenum chamber panel.
Remove the windshield wiper motor and linkage.
Remove the 2 bolts.
Remove the 2 clips.
Disconnect the electrical connector.

Attachments

• panel.gif
    panel.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 124

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, just got off the phone with dealership. The part comes up as "Chamber Assembly Cover". LR part # JAG500042PMA. List price is $91.29. Offered for $80 plus tax. Service manager indicated they have never replaced one and haven't attributed any water ingress / damage issues to that part. Mine (06 SE) is definately deformed a bit in the center. Seems like a good investment.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a better name, lol. Yes, that probably is a worthwhile replacement. I sort of figured since I made the custom cover over the cabin air intake, I'd just let it be warped and ugly. But for a hundie, that's a good call. I actually had a couple leaves in the gap between the windshield, so it's a pretty big gap. BTW, a gear puller does wonders for taking the wipers off.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party on this one but I too just had this replaced as part of an overall water ingress / sunroof drain fix update. Seems to be reasonably common issue as the vehicle ages. Mine is a 2005 LR3 HSE that has lived it's entire life with me in the Pacific NorthWET. My roof drain only blocked recently but given our climate these upgrades were a no-brainer for me. I don't think my windshield trim was actually leaking but it seemed a worthwhile update because it would only have been a matter of time.

BlackRover

Reaction score
Just happened to me last night! I am reforming the cowl top piece with a heat gun and a blow dryer, and rigging a snap on piece to cover the scoop into the cabin filter compartment. My sunroof drain on the passenger side is clogged as well, but no water on the headliner at all...99.9% sure its from the cowl piece thing.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cowl on my '05 was very warped, but instead of buying/installing a new cowl, I went to Home Depot and got some black weather-sealer Caulk for glass and filled in the gap between the glass and cowl. Seems to work so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM