Defective Oil Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, had some issues with LR3 few weeks ago. I'm at about 88k miles but overall good shape.

Red oil light came on. Car wouldn't stay running. Took it in to my indy shop, not sure how it would turn out.

My guy, found out it was the Oil Switch inside the engine. It had become clogged over time. Worst part about the repair, the part was on backorder for 10 days. So I enjoyed a 2011 Chevy Malibu for a little over a week. Actually it wasn't much fun at all. New switch late, new plugs, oil change, the whole 90k service all is great again. Guys did a wonderful job.

Anyways I also had one of my control arms replaced, I noted to the shop replacing the arm was much easier than the bushing and they confirmed that too.

As I digress, has anyone else here had to replace their oil switch? I don't think I've seen this one on the forums yet. Hope all else is well in LR world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99