Disco-sabotage..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caught a mechanic salting my oil-pan bolts after having a tranny-flush and oil-change. I noticed an oil-leak almost immediately after the service, and I tightened two hard to reach pan bolts, (the ones between the engine and the tranny) and they had been almost completely removed. When I returned to the shop, the mechanic had his own version of why I had an oil leak, and it would only cost a few hundred to fix it (he didn't know I had already fixed it) This kind of crap is happening more and more...if anyone has any work done, hover over the mechanic if you can..it's easy to create work on one of these vehicles, and they all think Land-Rover owners have money to burn. PROTECT YOUR BUTTS! KNOW WHO IS~ WORKING ON YOUR UNIT!

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks..

Good thing you caught that bastard.

I once had job brake done (first and last time been using someone for that. Too bloody important to trust anyone) and then found that front two hubs were not bolted properly. And then week or two after - rears were found to be like this too - caused me to wiggle all other the place on mountain highway. Lesson learned.

M

montanablur

What's the name of the shop?

How does this community feel about a "burned" thread? Horror stories that come with the perps info... It may be a good way to protect someone else from having to deal with the same problem and keep the good mechanics even more busy...

Keeping it anonymous doesn'y help anyone.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I live in a small Tennessee town, and there are only three L.R. owners, I choose to remain anonymous so that the explosion isn't traced to me.........sorry, bad answer in these times, but I would like to just kick his ass.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But now that I think about it, I might give a little info....it's the only transmission, engine, and after-market repair shop in Crossville Tennessee.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
Your better off giving out the information...that way you can save havoc for the other 3..they wont exploit you if you protect them. :)

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am organizing a Land-Rover "meet-up" in Knoxville....everyone there, and here communicate about problems like this....your idea about a "blacklist" of dealerships, and private repairs is O.K., it's just a matter of proving it if the offended saboteur decides they are going to sue for defamation. My advise....watch you vehicle, and your ass.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why in your meeting you use vague terms like "suspected, suspicous activity, or "allegedely". That way the crooks can't do squat. That's what a buddy of mine did with the people who built his house. He created a web site linked to the companies telling of his problems concerns and suspicions, not out right accusations. That's where you get in trouble. He get's a ton of hits and lots of feedback..

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.K guys....lets "get-em!". If it is the general consensus of the forum to create a vigilante post-line, then by all means proceed. I think it is a fine avenue for "venting", and it might encourage members to assist in exposing this type of abuse. Please make an appeal to the moderators with a request for guidelines in relation as to procedure, and applicible language that will serve to hold this forum, and web-site harmless. I am not an attorney, but I am sure the originators have a few ideas as to allowable content, and how to orchestrate such a post. Ask Moose, ask any moderator. I hope I don;t seem paranoid....I am protective of this group, and of the freedom we have.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw - am i only one who keep getting picture of Disco firing guns at them paratroopers in game "sabotage" on Apple][ ? Yep. What a weirdo i am.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM