Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WaterNDirt: Keep me posted as to your thoughts on this set-up as I have the exact same vehicle and these things are on the list. Your pictures look damn good and hopefully it will sway my better half to okay this purchase as well.

Couple questions I have with the larger tire size as I have increased tire size before and want to know how you think things are:

1) How is the power loss? I don't think the total weight goes up too much per wheel but do you feel like the SCV6 is struggling any with the larger tire and weight?

2) What mileage impact are you seeing from the stock wheels to the new larger tires?

3) In your pictures are you in standard ride height or off-road?

Thanks!

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
epiclr4- I wrote you back via PM... Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good Waterndirt! Good luck with # 4 (spare tire fitment), and I also think that you should deflate your running tires a bit more - stick to or near the recommended 36F, 42R. Especially with stiffer compounds such as the BFGs, you should get a slightly more comfortable and compliant ride IMHO.

Will do... thanks for the heads up.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WaterNDirt: Keep me posted as to your thoughts on this set-up as I have the exact same vehicle and these things are on the list. Your pictures look damn good and hopefully it will sway my better half to okay this purchase as well.

Couple questions I have with the larger tire size as I have increased tire size before and want to know how you think things are:

1) How is the power loss? I don't think the total weight goes up too much per wheel but do you feel like the SCV6 is struggling any with the larger tire and weight?

2) What mileage impact are you seeing from the stock wheels to the new larger tires?

3) In your pictures are you in standard ride height or off-road?

Thanks!

I caught my wife rolling the new tires / wheels out of the garage 3 times and placing them over the stock ones before we installed. For such a robust vehicle, the Conti's with stock 19's rims look quite pathetic IMHO. But then again, I knew we were going down this route which is why I didn't upgrade from dealer.

I can only speak from driving a few miles on the new setup yesterday, and only having 1250 miles on the truck, I'm just now starting to get the motor going. I've done a great job at not hammering on this thing. That being said, the SCV6 has plenty of "go". Did the bigger tires suck up some power? I think so. But the 8 speed tranny, she's a beaut and minimizes the loss. I'm sure once I get the engine RPM's up, I won't know the difference.

I can't comment on mileage just yet.

Off-Road Height in pics.

Good luck on your "journey". Yes Dear and flowers work wonders... :biggrin:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caught my wife rolling the new tires / wheels out of the garage 3 times and placing them over the stock ones before we installed. For such a robust vehicle, the Conti's with stock 19's rims look quite pathetic IMHO. But then again, I knew we were going down this route which is why I didn't upgrade from dealer.

I can only speak from driving a few miles on the new setup yesterday, and only having 1250 miles on the truck, I'm just now starting to get the motor going. I've done a great job at not hammering on this thing. That being said, the SCV6 has plenty of "go". Did the bigger tires suck up some power? I think so. But the 8 speed tranny, she's a beaut and minimizes the loss. I'm sure once I get the engine RPM's up, I won't know the difference.

I can't comment on mileage just yet.

Off-Road Height in pics.

Good luck on your "journey". Yes Dear and flowers work wonders... :biggrin:

Thanks for the details. I already sent your pictures and got approval! :biggrin:

We have already put 4,600 miles on ours in a month and a half! Mileage has gotten better as I think things are finally broken in. You should see some improvement.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys... Got some new shoes ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_8396.jpg
    IMG_8396.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just edited with better quality photos.. Unfortunately they are just from my phone. Will have to get the camera out soon. The ride is awesome, love the hum of MT's, just need to work on the rubbing. The worst is in reverse when turning, but I'll get it taken care of within the next few days.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just edited with better quality photos.. Unfortunately they are just from my phone. Will have to get the camera out soon. The ride is awesome, love the hum of MT's, just need to work on the rubbing. The worst is in reverse when turning, but I'll get it taken care of within the next few days.

Seems like the general problem. My buddy has these in 40's on his Jeep and really likes them.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9