Fixed my cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ugly

Reaction score
Hey all, I had numerous vacuum leaks in my cruise control. I also did not know if my pump worked. So, I took the pump out and,with the use of some alligator clips, connected it directly to the battery. Once I knew it worked, I tested the vacuum module on the throttle by sucking some vacuum on it. It held the vacuum for a min, so I knew it was ok. Then hooked the pump to it so i could see if it was strong enough to pull the throttle. There were several leaks in the system. I discovered that zip ties work great for vacuum hose in a pinch. I zip-tied all the hoses and t-connectors. I still had a leak at the pump, so I bought some silicone from Lowes and siliconed the crap out of the pump. After that the pump only pulled the throttle half way, but I figured it would be enough. Yesterday I took Nelli Bell ( I named my Disco) for a ride up to Laurel, MS. My cruise worked like a charm all the way up and back! Yea!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM