floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Help please

This was posted under the thread "does this look right" before I found this one.
Both sides of the front floor mats were wet, the passenger much much more than the driver. I dried it out, left the rubber mats out. Next day I'm driving and I notice water coming from the center console under the dash, but I'm not exactly sure from where. See Pic. The carpet around the black rubber hose was wet, but none of the components above the carpet was wet/moist. If I pull gently on the black hose, water will start coming out at the connection. What is this hose for? Is the hose unrelated to my problem? It is July in So. Cal., i.e. no rain, but I did take it to a car wash about 3 weeks ago. So why am I still getting water?

Attachments

• 559.JPG
    559.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 27

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dual water drains self disconnected.

See the drain hose files within the link below. If one or both of the two hoses are disconnected, it is for once an easy fix - just slide the rectangular hoses back on.

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=30300

For the **** type in disco3 co uk and put a period in each of the two spaces.

Blocking you know.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
bbyer -

I appreciate the help, but replacing the *** as you described gave me a HTTP 404 Not Found error. Any recommendations? If it is the black hose you are referring to, it is connected.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we try again but a bit differently

http://www.**************/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=30300

http://www disco3 co uk

/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=30300

Maybe the above helps. I see thumbnails.php was missing sort of as well.

The file refers to two hoses, one on each side of the transmission **** and I think they were grey in colour.

The black one you refer to is I think the air hose for the temperature sensing.

If the above does not work for you, I have another idea so keep trying.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
Thanks for the picks/link. The black rubber hoses are the AC drain tubes.
It was odd, though, while driving around, I had additional water come in from under the radio stack, but NOT immediately adjacent to the drain tube. Confused, I went to the dealer.
Props to the service rep at the dealer: it was the end of the day, he was convinced it still had to be clogged AC drains, and had the service tech prop the car up on a lift. From under the car, they put a wire (?) through the drains and my car promptly ****** all over the floor. No charge, no more water coming into the car.
I asked the tech if I can access it from inside the car and blow air or feed a wire that way. He recommended 'no' for the following reasons:
1. separating the tube from inside the car could dump loads of backed up water into the car
2. if it is really, really clogged, blowing pressurized air my cause the rubber hose to disconnect from the other end, dumping water in the wrong place, and I may not be able to easily reconnect the hose
3. feeding a wire thought the soft rubber hose may inadvertently puncture the hose, causing additional leakage
They recommend ONLY clearing it from under the car...

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
happy to hear you beat the blocking

I am pleased to hear you beat the blocking. It is so juvenile of the forum - it is the only forum that attempts blocking - I wonder why?

You have a good dealer I would say - one who really cares - putting the 3 on the hoist is a bit of a bother and I think the hoses are not exactly easy to get at even from underneath - skid plates and all.

twoboarders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what the white filter bag is underneath the side air vent. I'm clipping my ends and notice the white bag below that appears to be a filter is full of water. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72