floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drains

here it is with the foam in place.
View attachment 1161

Here it is showing the drain already clipped.

View attachment 1162

Mine is an early 06

Trynian

Do you happen to have any pix of the "other" drains by chance or maybe even a map or something cuz MAN ALIVE I cant even figure how u found em in the 1st place.

Ive taken mine to the NB dealer and its mostly "NO BUENO" instead cuz they say uncloged reroute/replace but keeps happening... maybe they need to do the rear also.

Trynian

Reaction score
Trynian

Do you happen to have any pix of the "other" drains by chance or maybe even a map or something cuz MAN ALIVE I cant even figure how u found em in the 1st place.

Ive taken mine to the NB dealer and its mostly "NO BUENO" instead cuz they say uncloged reroute/replace but keeps happening... maybe they need to do the rear also.

Pull the rear wheel well covers out and you cant miss them, they are toward the front of the well.

The other front one is in exactly the same spot as the one behind the vent just with no outer ven hole. Pull the wheel well and feel for it. After you clip the ****** run some water through the hole in the top drain holes in the sun roof.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love this forum! Noticed very slight dampness tonight under rubber floor mat, passenger side. Read this and a couple other threads, checked to see if the drain tube behind the air intake was clipped and clear. It was - pretty much. Had one very small and very very dried out leaf in it. Shouldn't it be wet, or at least damp? It rained here very hard just a couple days ago....
I checked under the passenger carpet and it was completely dry. Felt under headliner by windshield, again completely dry. Went to pour water in sunroof drain holes and now I'm not certain I know where they are. Are they the two holes with blue "debris-grate-******-lookin' things" at the front center of the sunroof tray?? If not, what am I looking for?
Other than the sunroof vents, the only other thing that I was thinking it could be was there was some post or other about something in the engine bay against the cowling that could allow water ingress. Does anyone have a link to that post?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roverman, the drain holes are on the four corners of the sunroof. The front two are fairly easy to access, but the rear two are recessed, making them difficult to pour water into. I used a sport bottle to squirt water into the holes. To test the rear two holes, it helps if the vehicle is parked on an incline facing upwards.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks pie. Everything drains ok, dunno....guess I'll just wait til it gets worse, lol!

nova lr3

Reaction score
This is so ridiculous and really should be a recall free-fix item!

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, took things apart, here is a pic of the finished fix, including props to LRW
20sf2pw.jpg

Bird's eye view of the tray. I was surprised to see how little of the tray sticks out past the windshield to do the drip catching. I thought the tray would be much less recessed under the windshield. In fact find it hard to believe that it could catch enough water to cause the wet carpeting. The tray is the little bitty triangle just right of center in the picture.
66ys5e.jpg

All in all it was a quick and cheap fix. $.59 for angled flashing from Home Depot. The gear puller is a necessity for the wipers, mine was a little too big, scratched up the cowling a bit, everything else was pretty textbook. I only covered the portion of the tray that looked like it could catch any wayward drips - extending from the left of the tray to just under the hole for the cowling clip.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72