floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is a standard Solihull feature. Our 2008 FFRR just demonstrated the waterfall feature too. At least my wife was conditioned for it this time, per the LR3.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anywhere one can go to get a list of the TSB's...

Gobey

Reaction score
I just bought an 2006 LR3 HSE with 27,000 on it. It's a leaker. It was dripping directly above the rear view mirror onto the nav, radio, shifter, etc. I also had a few drips out of the passenger A pillar at the plastic air bag SRS cover.

Would you suspect sunroof drain or windshield seal. I tried to make it leak with the hose today and I sprayed the upper windshield seal for a LONG time - nothing.

I sprayed the sunroof/whole roof including the rear sunroof and rack rails. It finally began to drip.

I may have answered my own question, but since my floors are dry, but the drips are from right above the rear view...just wondering if it could be something different..

Other than this...love the truck.

rootykazotty

Reaction score
This problem is an ongoing one. I have had my LR3 in the shop twice and just took it back today. My $2500 Alpine system is trashed and I am fed up with it. I have the Land Rover CS number (800=637-6837)and I am going to give them a piece of me! The water is coming throudh the sun roof, be sure of it, I think it is about time this problem brought to the manufacturer and a RECALL is ordered. Perhaps if we all make a complaint with them it can be done.

Gobey

Reaction score
I'm all for participating in a forum-wide complaint campaign.

We bought these cars assuming some risk, but a recurring, fixable problem that appears to be inherent in most vehicles should become a recall, but after watching the movie Fight Club...it may take more than just a few phone calls.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely understand. I think my problem has been corrected.
Maybe this will help, here are the part numbers they used to correct the problem with mine:
DHB500400 KIT – FIXING PA
JAG50042PMA CJAMBER ASSEMBLY
Maybe you can show this to your service people and they can figure out what was corrected.
I will tell you this, my car was soaked, they had to keep it for over a week to get this corrected. Make sure the replace the pads and carpet, the carpet might be a tough fight, I lost it, but they did clean the carpet…

Wish I could help more…

Auburn92

Reaction score
the fix is basically, pull off the vent cover on the passenger side, pull out the rubber foam, you will see where the sun roof drains are located, tear off the part of the rubber that covers the drain, and put it back. That is what the dealer will do. Btw, if you LR3 is out of warrantee, you will be charged.

A side note, there are many electric/electronic connections under your carpet on the passenger side under the seat and under the plastic liner btween the carpet and doors. Something else I found out, if you take your LR3 in the water as advertised, you need to remove your spare tire, and look on driver side you will see another electric/electronic connections that needs to have water resistant spray applied. It's beyond me why Land Rover would have this connection below the advertised under water mark.

I found all this out this week with my LR 3 in an independant dealers shop. I had much corrosion in all these connections.

cleppard

Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean by the vent cover? Air vent?

chris

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this something that you either get from day one or have people had it occur over time?

I have a 2005 HSE that I've had from new and have never had this problem. I'm in the Pacific NorthWET so I figure if anyone's going to get it, it would be us. However, I have heard of a number of people with this problem and I was wondering if it was a build issue, parts issue or overall design issue whereby I've been lucky and avoided the problem.

Put another way, is it worth pro-actively fixing even if you've never had the problem - yet?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you and have wondered the same thing. The only thing to note is that it doesn't rain all that hard here in WA...but it just seems to rain constantly. Maybe that bodes well for us. I have met one other PNW person with an '05 and his leaked. He said it had more to do with the angle of his driveway. Here is another question...do you park it outside or in a garage? All things to consider....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo