High mileage "new" LR4 - what's a good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a local dealer that has almost exactly the LR4 that I want, only it has the Walnut trim instead of the Black Lacquer wood trim. Plus it has over 700 miles on it already.

Any thoughts on what would be considered a good deal for a new LR4 that has so many demo miles on it? The MSRP is $59,215. The dealer is about 70 miles from our house -- we're planning on making the drive tomorrow to take a look. I really don't like the Walnut trim. And I'm a little leary about the number of miles on it already. But if I can get a good deal, I may buy it instead of ordering a 2011 that is exactly what I want, which would not arrive until Sept/Oct.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700 miles...only a few more miles till it blows up... :biggrin:

For price, maybe about the high 40's or low 50's...

weingarm

Reaction score
700 miles really isn't that many. That's maybe 600 more than I'd expect before knocking a little off the negotiated price.

If this was a brand-new 2010 model with only ~5 miles, you should expect to pay around $56,500. Since it's got the extra 700 miles (only 600 of which actually reduce the value), I might expect to pay around $54,000 on the low end. $55,000 may be the best you can do.

The above poster who mentions "high 40s" for price is way off-base. Remember, this is basically a new truck. It's not like it has 2500-3500 miles on it.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was basing it off when I bought my Durango new. It had 1000 miles on it (so not too far off from this) and I got 10k off. But then Durango's and LR4's are wayyyyyyyyyy different.

Still aim for lower, it's fun to negotiate. Make sure they extend the warranty by 700 miles too.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was broken in properly, only thing I can think of...

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with CMGRover. 700 miles is significant when you consider how people drive cars during test drives and during loaners. Once the car goes off the lot it's used, and there is a big initial drop. Look how residuals drop on leases for longer terms.Invoice on an LR4 Lux is 54,000 and some have gotten deals 1,000 above, so a demo has to be lower.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with CMGRover. 700 miles is significant when you consider how people drive cars during test drives and during loaners. Once the car goes off the lot it's used, and there is a big initial drop. Look how residuals drop on leases for longer terms.Invoice on an LR4 Lux is 54,000 and some have gotten deals 1,000 above, so a demo has to be lower.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700 miles...whats to be leary about?
Mainly if it was broken in properly. That's a lot of test drives. And most people who test drive will stress the vehicle (hard acceleration, hard breaking, hard steering, etc).

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM