I get very bored...so I decided to add tail pipes to the LR4, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Magnaflow exhaust put on my truck at one point. It comes with optional quad tip exhaust or you can have the standard exit where the stock is now. Although, the quads looked cool, functionally it would be a massive detriment. You lose a lot of departure angle with the exhaust hanging under the bumper. For me, they would be ripped off or damaged on my first outing in the desert. If mine were a street warrior? I'd definitely have considered putting them on.

For reference:

As good as that exhaust sounds, I do not recommend for anyone taking it off-road. The mounting is crap and the muffler hangs lower than anything on the vehicle ready to be smacked by rocks or anything else on the trail. Mine was ripped out of the clamp twice before I put the stock system back on. Also to note, it's made of cheap grade "stainless" steel. Mine was covered in surface rust within a couple months. Do not recommend.

Hplr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does sound cool actually but I agree, not for me. I just like the look of tips. I actually just removed them, sanded them, and so far, used etching primer. Painting them black so they aren't chrome, I'm not a big fan of chrome either. I had a BMW 760iL with quad tips (obviously) and did the same thing with them, painted black. Paint held up perfectly for the 3 years I owned the car.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is cool that you tried something, but I agree with most. I don't dig the look or lack of practicality.

Chrome in general is a no go for me. I have the stock wheels on my LR4 at the moment and even the silver of those is kinda bugging me. Black Compomotives are more natural.

I did think it was interesting that the LR4 has no real visible exhaust. kind of neat for a gas guzzling V8 suv.

Hplr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for whatever reason, i think it looks sportier and yes, I know a truck isn't supposed to look sporty :) I did end up painting them black, so they aren't nearly as noticeable as when they were chrome. The whole truck is blacked out now, with OEM parts of course... the only thing i don't like are the side steps, I find myself tripping over them every time I get in the car! probably because I'm a clutz!

Hplr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, have to take a new pic since they're now jet black instead of chrome...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9