I need your expert opinion please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shehab

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My father has a 2010 LR4 V6 and I need some advices please,

First we live in Yemen here:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...UTF-8&ei=iG7_U-KnHYfpaMqOgbAD&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg

And when I try to use the GPS it doesn't show anything and when I searched in the GPS settings I found almost all of surrounding countries like Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Oman, but not Yemen, I guess that means that Yemen's maps weren't uploaded to the GPS system (although the car is bought from the licensed or official trader he's called Al-Rowaishan) and here's their official website:

http://www.alrowaishan-motors.com/

and here's another one but it doesn't have an English index page:

http://www.aridco.com/

So I was wondering, is it possible to add Yemen's maps into the car's computer?

Secondly: four days ago I took the car and went to my friend's house and parked the car on sidewalk (two wheels on the road and the other on the sidewalk) and when I left my friend's house I was shocked to see that someone has hit the car in the right-back side and broke the LED light.

As for the guy who did it he (ran like hell!!) after he saw what type the car he hit according to the eyewitness (didn't even get his license plate :mad: )

So (again) I was wondering how much would it cost to fix the damage ?

How much would a used or even a Chinese LED light cover cost me? (I searched on Amazon and Ebay but they cost over $320 and here in Yemen it costs $500) I'm even prepared to order a used LED cover from America (a link would be great), and how much would the body work cost? give me an initial number.

I need the car fixed before my father returns from the UK, he'll be here in 1 month, and he'll kick my as-s if he finds out :afraid:

The fiber part that you'll see missing the images (click on the left image) is with me, an eyewitness gave it to me and the breaking and reversing lights are still working, so I only need the cover.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2014-08-09-3404.jpg
    2014-08-09-3404.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • 2014-08-09-3403.jpg
    2014-08-09-3403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the nav: If you look at the coverage outline of the latest, 2015 Middle East map data available from Here/Land Rover, it definitely looks like Yemen - and only Yemen, go figure - is NOT mapped. I realize you have a 2010 and not a 2012+ (so your map update path is different as you would need to visit a dealer instead of purchasing a USB stick), but if coverage for your country is not available for the latest model years, I very much doubt it would be for older platforms. Sorry, short of moving to Oman or Saudi Arabia :smile:, it looks like you may be out of luck for now. Perhaps Yemen will be mapped on a future software release, if you email Here (formerly known as Navteq, the mapping company that supplies Land Rover all the digital maps and data) they might be able to tell you.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are going to need to buy a whole new tail lamp. The assembly does not allow to replace just the glass covering. It is an easy install, but it looks like you are going to need a professional for the rest of the body damage. I have no frame of reference, but I doubt that it will be cheap.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99