Installation question: lamp guards and rear access ladder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
A word of caution regarding the full length roof rails. I had the dealer install them when I bought the truck. Later I noticed that the roof glass was cracked. They replaced the roof glass, remounted the rails, and cracked the glass again. I am capable of installing the roof rails, but at the time I didn't have the time. I'm really glad I had the dealer install it.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Funny you said that...that's one thing on the dealer list that actually is "inexpensive" for them to install (they have flat rates for equipment and install...go figure). Thanks, I'll put that in the order.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A word of caution regarding the full length roof rails. I had the dealer install them when I bought the truck. Later I noticed that the roof glass was cracked. They replaced the roof glass, remounted the rails, and cracked the glass again. I am capable of installing the roof rails, but at the time I didn't have the time. I'm really glad I had the dealer install it.

i installed my own and it was easy. just need to take your time with lining up the bolts and not over-tightening them. the toughest part is measuring and cutting the existing exterior weather seal. but even that wasnt all that difficult.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are any of you installing the full length roof rails and do not have the short rails currently?

alta59

Reaction score
I will be installing the full length rails and I do not have the short rails. Hopefully sometime this weekend.

alegrialv

Reaction score

LR4Tank

Reaction score
I installed the full length roof rails...took about 35mins to do first and then 20 for the second. Was not too difficult. Measure twice and cut once on weather seal. Use a block of wood behind remaining weather seal to expand hole and don't over tighten. Gratifying to do it yourself! And was please to incorporate my dad at the same time...

dca

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635