intermittent wipers and IIDTool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the windshield wipers from rain/speed sensing to manual control via the stalk control?
I've tried, but to no avail. I disabled 3 different config functions, including the rain sensor, but that caused my headlights to be on constantly when the truck is running.

EricGAPDiag

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the windshield wipers from rain/speed sensing to manual control via the stalk control?
I've tried, but to no avail. I disabled 3 different config functions, including the rain sensor, but that caused my headlights to be on constantly when the truck is running.

Unfortunately, Land rover did not implement this function
There are two possible options:
- You disables the rain sensor and you can manually control your wiper but no more ambient light detection for your headlight.
- You re-enable the rain sensor and loose the manual wiper control but the headlight will work to your liking

Best regard

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... but that caused my headlights to be on constantly when the truck is running.

what?! I used the tool to disable the worthless rain sensing timing so that the manual dial/selectable intermittent function would work. To me the rain sensing timing was either too fast, or super fast. Only when it was really pouring hard was the rate of wiping appropriate. My BMW has much, much, much better function of these sorts of tech features.

I did not notice this change to cause my headlights to become be "on all the time". I'm pretty sure you have to turn the headlights "on" to get them on. Are you talking about the "auto" lights setting? I NEVER use that sort of stuff. Makes you lazy and unaccountable.

Last edited:

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "auto" lights setting? I NEVER use that sort of stuff. Makes you lazy and unaccountable.

Yes, that's what i meant, the auto headlight.
It also keeps you from having a dead battery when the wife forgets to turn the lights off. ALL.THE.TIME. :hmpf:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to be able to manually control the intermittent wiper speed, while still able to use auto headlight.

If it's based on the light sensing feature in the windscreen unit, then I wouldn't expect it to be possible.

My vehicle makes a very annoying sound if I'm trying to leave the lights on after engine off. Doesn't yours?

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use the auto headlights if it wasn't for the "follow me home" feature...

I can't tell you how many times that has turned on my headlights during the middle of the day....

I typically like to drive with my running lights on, but headlights off during the day.. When I forget to turn off the running lights, the headlights turn on as soon as I turn off the key..

schwaggy

Reaction score
I would use the auto headlights if it wasn't for the "follow me home" feature...

I can't tell you how many times that has turned on my headlights during the middle of the day....

I typically like to drive with my running lights on, but headlights off during the day.. When I forget to turn off the running lights, the headlights turn on as soon as I turn off the key..

I loath this "feature". I wish in their wisdom, LR would have allowed it to be turned off. 30 seconds delay? C'mon - why can't I turn that off or set it to zero?
Hate Hate Hate Follow Me Home.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a setting that would just turn the outside running lights on when the car was in gear, but alas, there isn't one that I know of.

Back on topic, do you just change the configuration point for the rain sensing wipers to get normal manual control of the wipers?

Also, I noticed the other night that even though I have the wiring hooked up for a trailer (and I pull a trailer often, and even get the trailer light, and self leveling) my configuration point for "Trailer ball installed" is off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635