Lightning Adapter for my iPhone 7 to play Spotify

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VernB_LR4

Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 HSE and a iPhone 6+ Spotify works well for me in my truck and I use an aftermarket cable (Land Rover one was too much $$$ and my truck did not come with one since it was Pre-Loved) with an Apple Lightning adapter. Works with my phone but usually I play Spotify from an iPod Touch that is using my phone as a hotspot. That works better as I don't like having my phone in the center console I tend to forget it when exiting the truck if I keep it there. You definitely need to keep you iOS devices up to date for best results.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you plugging in your aux cord? I can only get my music to play by plugging it into the second row.
Yes, that's where.

You can mount the Bluetooth adapter that I mentioned low near the center console. That' let's you hit the button if needed (you don't) or look at the LED to see when it is paired. Then run the cord around and into the AUX input behind the center console. That also let's you plug in the power supply there as well. You'll have extra cord you can bundle up and stuff somewhere.

If you are going direct from your phone to the aux input, same thing. You should be able to find a long enough cord that it routes easily without being obtrusive.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3+ years of daily use, I can still endorse the Kinivo device I briefly reviewed in this thread:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=149247&postcount=8

A couple of posts after my comments in the above thread, I posted a photo of how I mounted it on the dash close to the ignition button on my 2011 LR4.

I can add that I never have any trouble auto-pairing when I get in the car. In fact, since the Kinivo gets power from the port at the rear of the center console, it comes to life the instant I open the door. If anything, the Kinivo is a greedy little sucker and a bit of a bully. When I'm cleaning my ride and listening to my phone through a different BT speaker in my garage, the signal drops every time I open the door of the LR4 and it switches to the Kinivo.

All that said, the $17 device mentioned above sounds very similar and at half the cost, worth exploring.

Drareve

Reaction score
I got the same issue as JenniferJoyce on 2011 LR4 and Iphone6.
It started when I deleted all the tracks (the free to download U" album) on the Iphone so the Apple Music library was empty.

It was fixed when I purchased and downloaded a track from Apple, so when I checked Apple Music there was at least one track in the library.

Whilst I listen to loads of different applications on the iPhone via the vehicles entertainment system and the LR iPod cable, it appears I can only do so if the Apple Music Library is not empty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112