LR3 jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bonz

Reaction score
Just bought an '08 LR3, and one of the first surprises was that it had no jack.
2nd surprise is that the cooler box doesn't work.:hmpf: had the thing checked out, but that's two things I did not check out...my fault.

Anyway, should I find an oem jack on eBay or something, or look for something else?

Also, I pulled the fuse for the cooler box and it looks to be ok to me, doesn't appear broken, so I'm assuming it's the box itself.

schwaggy

Reaction score
Just bought an '08 LR3, and one of the first surprises was that it had no jack.
2nd surprise is that the cooler box doesn't work.:hmpf: had the thing checked out, but that's two things I did not check out...my fault.

Anyway, should I find an oem jack on eBay or something, or look for something else?

Also, I pulled the fuse for the cooler box and it looks to be ok to me, doesn't appear broken, so I'm assuming it's the box itself.

Can't hurt to open up the center console fascia and take a look at the wiring for the cooler box, as well as the fan. When I opened mine up, I found loose change from the PO preventing the fan from running. There's also several connectors under there you can check.

IMG_5429.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your 4 ton jack will fit nicely in the provided space onboard the LR3.

Snarkiness aside, why not have both? I'd want to carry the OE jack with me and use the big jack when I'm at home doing a project.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty compact jack....

The 4 ton jack is actually not that big. It comes in a convenient hard case and it's fairly inexpensive. Under $30. If you also get the base plate that safe jacks makes you could use it offroading. Google "safe jack", it seems like a great product. Another alternative to lugging around a hi lift jack.

djkronik57

Reaction score
Anyone know what height a jack needs to go to to get the wheels off the ground on the LR3? Will 18" be enough or do I need 21"?

Also, would 3 ton be enough or is 4 ton recommended?

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bigger and taller the better.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what height a jack needs to go to to get the wheels off the ground on the LR3? Will 18" be enough or do I need 21"?

Also, would 3 ton be enough or is 4 ton recommended?

Depends where you're jacking, but if you can get a jack under the frame rails, then I'm pretty sure my floor jack at home is about 18.5" and gets the wheels off the ground.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you ever up-size your tires the 18" or 18.5" won't work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM