LR3 leaking help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine back two days ago for the same issue. They said it was becasue the sunroof drain tubes were clogged... Wasn't something you could wait around for...

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
askewed said:
Got mine back two days ago for the same issue. They said it was becasue the sunroof drain tubes were clogged... Wasn't something you could wait around for...

Thanks.

Is there a way to access these and blow them out yourself? I stuck my head up there yesterday but did not see an obvious drain hole. (I didn't look that hard as its tough to get a view)

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
todd - I'd let them do it... They actually broke something (a-pillar cover or something) when they did mine. Also I think a number of them (tubes) are screwed thru and have had to be replaced.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, askewed.

i'm just hoping it isn't a design flaw that is going to clog regulalry. i don't mind having them do it now, but after 50K its my nickel and I'll have to ask them if I can do anything to better prevent or maintain this to avoid blockages.

my last car had an aftermarket sunroof that worked great for 100,000 miles. it had 4 drain tubes (1 going to each wheel well) and i never had an issue with it clogging!

F

FloridaLr3

Is it clogging because there is something growing in the drians or is it debris.

Perhaps we need to pour a bleach solution every few months like we do for AC drains in our homes. I can live with that

delfinnyil

Reaction score
ther is a problem with sun roof front drains you have to cut end of sunroof
darin at the end (right side remove vent on front fender ,left side inside the
car on the buttom

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll 2nd askewed's advice to get it fixed soon. Figured I'd wait for my 30K service, but it got worse in rain this weekend. Nothing like hearing water slosh around above your head to wake you up in the morning!

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They fixed both of mine (sunroof and A-Pillar) in one dealer trip last spring. No problems since, but I had to threaten them with a lemon-law violation (they attemped two fixes prior) to get the problem solved. I wonder if colder weather will have any affect on the seals and drains? I guess I'll find out.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this. They checked all 4 of my drains and found that one of my drain tubes was kinked. Apparently this is a common problem.

My guess is I only saw this on heavy rain when the other front drain tube couldn't handle the flow.

I am concerned that the water which entered the vehicle could cause problems down the road once I'm out of warranty. LR claimed they did not see any damage to the headliner or elsewhere thus did not replace anything.

L

lr3driver

Too Bad

Sorry to hear all this. Hope you get it all sorted out.

DonA - I live close to that dealership but after hearing from you, no way I will be seeing him. In fact it sounds like I may better wait for an LR3 itself. Somehow I am more inclined to buy a GL450 more and more. No offence

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM